No iqama yet - visa is going to expire

Hi expat gurus. I need your help. I came to Saudia 2.5 months back on work visa. After 45 days i have handed over my passport to my employer for iqama processing. Its around more then 60 days after landing and they have not handed over iqama yet and now there are only few days left to expire my visa.

I told my company that if it is illegal to stay after expiry of visa then i would like to go otherwise give me iqama as soon as possible. Seems like they are forcing me to stay without iqama after my visa expires. They are saying that this will take 2-3 weeks more and there wont be any problem.

I am not aware of the employment /visa laws in this situation. Please suggest what to do.

Thanks

samahmed_1 wrote:

Hi expat gurus. I need your help. I came to Saudia 2.5 months back on work visa. After 45 days i have handed over my passport to my employer for iqama processing. Its around more then 60 days after landing and they have not handed over iqama yet and now there are only few days left to expire my visa.

I told my company that if it is illegal to stay after expiry of visa then i would like to go otherwise give me iqama as soon as possible. Seems like they are forcing me to stay without iqama after my visa expires. They are saying that this will take 2-3 weeks more and there wont be any problem.

I am not aware of the employment /visa laws in this situation. Please suggest what to do.

Thanks

Some employers do take time to issue the iqama, but this was before. Check with other staff within the employer to see what category your employer is in (red, yellow, green, platinum) . If he is in red, this could be the reason  you are getting delayed and it will be better to look for another sponsor / job or get out of the country.

Samaahmed check web site of //mol.gov.sa/services/Inquiry/NonSaudiEmpInquiry.aspx" enter your passport number in third right box. Then select your nationality then press enter. It will show if your kafeel is in red or green. Thank you.

رقم العامل:
15-2-839416
تقييم المنشاة:
أبيض
حالة العامل:
علي رأس العمل
تراخيص المنشأه:
تصاريح المنشأه ساريه.

Thanks brother for this website. This is what i got. Can anyone please translate it?

Translated through google:

Evaluation of the facility:
White
Working condition:
On-the-job
Licensing of the facility:
Established valid permits.

white category? what does it means?

Bro as far as I know. Find a job with green zone company. Take your passport and visit with the new kafeel to jawazat transfer will happen. I don't know if its wrong HR guru should help you :)

wjahat14 wrote:

Bro as far as I know. Find a job with green zone company. Take your passport and visit with the new kafeel to jawazat transfer will happen. I don't know if its wrong HR guru should help you :)

thanks wjahat14

if i get a job offer from yellowzone company then transfer would be possible or not?

No transfer cannot be done in Yellow or Red zone company.

HrGuru and samahmed_1. I visited Ministry of labor office yesterday. I asked them in detail regarding what to do if we are newly arrived to kingdom and category of company is in red. Process is as follows. 

1. Your Work permit of 90 days which you can see on visa endorsement has to expire.

2. You should look a job in Excellent, Green or White cateogry company.

3. You should give passport to your new kafeel and you should tell him to go to computer department which is also known as Edara Hasib in labour office. They will generate temporary work permit and Iqama number will be generated and request will be sent to Jawazat.

4. Your new kafeel then have to visit Jawazat to complete the futher process. You will get your Iqama.

Note: - They told if kafeel does the work things can be done very very fastly.

Dear Wjahat: Thanks for the update and I am sure this will be useful to a lot of people.

Thank you once again for the informative post.

wjahat14 wrote:

HrGuru and samahmed_1. I visited Ministry of labor office yesterday. I asked them in detail regarding what to do if we are newly arrived to kingdom and category of company is in red. Process is as follows. 

1. Your Work permit of 90 days which you can see on visa endorsement has to expire.

2. You should look a job in Excellent, Green or White cateogry company.

3. You should give passport to your new kafeel and you should tell him to go to computer department which is also known as Edara Hasib in labour office. They will generate temporary work permit and Iqama number will be generated and request will be sent to Jawazat.

4. Your new kafeel then have to visit Jawazat to complete the futher process. You will get your Iqama.

Note: - They told if kafeel does the work things can be done very very fastly.

Thanks brother for the info. I am in the white category company that means i should not worry :S

Thats not a problem brother as told by Ministry of labour officials. But it would be better if you also visit ministry of labour. Can't say if your kafeel hire more expats and he can get into red. Visit labour office in person brother.

Note:- Go to the end gate entrance. Then you can ask any police official. Take you passport or Iqama with you. They will give you print out of company details on how many saudis are there and how many expats are there.

Ok. Thanks brother. But i am in khobar. Dont know where is labour office here. can anyone please help.

Hi guru..
I was checked my employer status is platinum.. but until now im not get my iqama yet.. i dont know why.. date of my visa at 11 Dec 2018 expired at 11 March 2019, and i was arrived in saudia at 6 March 2019, but until now 25 Mey 2019, im not get my iqama yet.. what should i do..?? I hold my passport.. actually im frustrated here with coworker all of them like boss.. i hope i can back to my country or my kafeel transfer me.. please give me advice.. (sorry my english not good) 😊

Is it okay to leave tge country even without exit visa when your employer failed to proscess your iqama? I mean can i book my ticket and ask the immigration ro let me go because my entry is geeting expire and my employer doesnt proscess my iqama

Earlbaldos wrote:

Is it okay to leave tge country even without exit visa when your employer failed to proscess your iqama? I mean can i book my ticket and ask the immigration ro let me go because my entry is geeting expire and my employer doesnt proscess my iqama

So you left without exit visa?

I'm facing same situation now, my visa expired and company still doesn't provide iqama.

I check the facility evaluation it shows that GREEN HIGH.

CAN I TRANSFER TO OTHER SPONSOR

Hello fightingformyrightz,

Welcome to Expat.com

This thread has been inactive since 2020.

Hopefully, someone will come forward with some insights for you.

Otherwise, you should start a new thread on the Jubail forum to ask your questions.

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team