Has anyone heard about an Egyptian man

I know this is very random ...

I know some one who has kind of gone missing in Bali.. I had contact with him nearly every day until 9 weeks ago ..now nothing at all . I am to believe he was most probably working illegally and I know this is totally wrong.

his family in Cairo have not heard from him and we are all very worried about him ... no answer from his phone...his name is Hani in his late 40s very short hair and speaks very good English and German...he has a friend in Bali called Wayan and a german friend called Oliver who has a german wife and child  if anyone knows if he might have been arrested could they message me ASAP  Thank you in advance ..Eli

Hello again elimay,

Is this the same man you were desparately trying to find out information about a cancer operation for? The very same man who was supposed to be returning to Cairo on July 21?

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=256028

I'm sorry to sound so very cynical about this, but it sounds to me like this person is running some kind of con game, on you, on his supposed german "friend" in Bali. While you may know the man's family do you actually know them personally? Have you met any of them? Have you met this Hani personally?

I would like to ask a question and hope you won't be offended and also hope you will answer honestly.... have you sent this Hani any money???

To me it sounds like there are two possible reasons for his "disappearance". The first is that you actually have sent money and now he has moved on to his next mark. The second is that you've followed the very sound advice of members on your other topic posting, you have not sent him any money and he's now given up trying the con and moved on to another mark.

I'm sorry, but Bali isn't cheap, nobody just springs for an airfair, etc. for someone who isn't a family member. That story is simply too much to believe. No airline in the world has 3 month waits for a return flight, not even in Bali... another tall story which one should take with a large grain of salt. Family that knows nothing, of course they wouldn't. If you've actually met them and are as you say good people, they probably have no idea whatsoever what this man is up to. His doctor "missed" a tumor that grew so rapidly that it has become a major health concern, thinking it was a simple cyst. Even a quickly growing turmor shouldn't prevent your Hani from coming back to Cairo to be treated there either. That is all the more reason not to simply miss the return flight or stay on in Bali for any reason, anyone is more concerned about their own health than that. At any rate it sounds like he's got a very fertile imagination and that he is an excellent storyteller.

Eli, no offense but you seem to have some internal need to be a "saviour" or to mother the world. People are generally pretty capable of standing on their own two feet, yet you're running around after this man and seem more concerned about his welfare than your own. I hope you will pardon me but from where I sit, everything when looked at as a whole tends to point that this person has seen that weakness, that internal need in you and is taking full advantage of it. You are obviously making yourself crazy about the situation, and I think needlessly so. For the life of me I just can't figure out why.

This man has vanished, because for whatever reason he has chosen to vanish. Have you any information regarding his so-called friends in Bali? Do you know how to contact them? Have they heard from him or has he just dropped out of their lives too? Perhaps, you just know about these "friends" since Hani has told you about them and you have no proof that they even exist other than his story.

This all sounds extremely bizarre to me and should to you as well. It certainly raises all kinds of red flags, maybe you're just not looking for them.

Time to cut your losses and walk away girl!!!

Hello ..I know it all sound very odd to most of people ..

First ..he went back  to cairo im july and had an operation it turned out it was a stone in his saliva gland which he sent me a photo of ..

second ..I have never ever sent him any money and he has never asked for any at all .. when he went back to Cairo for this operation my sister told me to offer him money to pay for it to find out if he was genuine about the op ..so I did ! and he told me in no uncertain terms he did not want any money from ever as only the bad Egyptian men would take money from a women.

third ...Yes I have met him several times and have talked to his family on sykpe ... I have never met them in person.

The German man asked him to go back to Bali and he offered him a small hotel which would also be his home ....on arrival in Bali ( flight paid for by the German man ) on the promise he would pay the money back when he worked ...Hani sold his Flat in Cairo to be able to fund himself in Bali .

Hani was met at the airport by a man called Wayan who had befriended him the first time in Bali and he told Hani Oliver had sold this small hotel 2 days before his arrival in Bali and was told Oliver was in Bangkok and was due back in 7 days ,Hani was staying with Wayans family until Oliver returned ..Hani told me all this in email ... since this email I have had no contact with him at all ....he told me he would mail me as soon as he talked to oliver ... and I have heard nothing since ...

I have know Hani for nearly 4 years, and I don't believe for one moment he is a con man ... he is very well educated and he lived in the UK for 7 years and also in Germany for 4 years ..  2yeasr ago he went back to Germany for 3 months and worked for Oliver there ....
I have never met oliver .. an di have no contact number for him as I never thought I would need one ...

The reason he waited for a flight for 3 month is because it was cheaper for Oliver ...oliver paid for the first flight and the last flight ... Hani was paying the money back to him as soon as he started work ... Oliver apparently is rich and buys and sells property and has other businesses ...

I am not a sauvour at all ... I just care for this man ...my kids are as worried as I am ... This is not like him to just cut me off ... 

I know every one will be cynical about the situation and believe me I do understand ...I am now an idiot and I am very a wear of con men ...In fact one of my daughters was nearly taken in by a con man last year and it was me who sussed him out ... I don't take anything you have said as a negative ..and thank you for your input ...Eli

I would also like to say my 2 daughters have met him and he paid for every thing while they were in cairo as he has done with me when I have visited him .. on a personal note he has insisted I take some one with me to Cairo as a chaperon .. and I have talked to them about it all and they have said it is not like him to not contact any of us ... I have only seen photos of Wayan in Bali ... eli

Eli, this person's family should contact the Egyptian Embassy in Jakarta.  There is no Egyptian Consulate or Consular agent here in Bali:

http://www.mfa.gov.eg/english/embassies … fault.aspx

The embassy can use its available channels and through those channels contact the police and immigration offices here in Bali.

Thank you for this  advice Ubudian ... This was going to be my next move ... Eli