New to Riyadh

Hi, Im new to Riyadh and want to meet some new people. Can anyone help?

Hi Welshguy,

Welcome to Expat.com in Saudi Arabia!

Did you have a chance to go through the latest discussions on the forum of Saudi Arabia?

You'll see that members here are very active! There are some meet ups being organized and there is also a discussion on what's up qua events in Riyadh!

Best of luck

Arlette

hi, no not looked yet, but i will do. what sort of meet ups?

Check out the discussions, let's say, of the last week or two and I'm sure you'll find interesting infos.

Hi Welshguy!  Welcome to Riyadh and welcome to our forum!

Welcome,

Where are you staying a the moment?

If it is near the Khozama hotel I can meet you for a coffee?

Well I guess I just need to put alot of effort into it and keep my eyes open :)

Hi Welshguy

Yakky Da. Ooooooooops.
It sounds right, but spelt wrong.
Welcome to the mysterious world of Expat.com. I hope that your settled into your new abode and have nailed everything down.
Really bad wind lately (no comments please).
It doesn't matter where you are staying. I can meet you anywhere, as long as I can find it. LOL.
Dave
ps. Is that North Welshguy or South Welshguy? People do not realise that there is a big difference.

Hi Welshguy,

Welcome to Saudi Arabia. Hopefully you get settled in soon. Drop a line when you have finished then maybe we can meet up.

Ciao

Welcome to Riyadh :)

Salman

Salman Omrani wrote:

Welcome to Riyadh :)

Salman

Salman, I must admit that you look quite younger in this pic of urs!

Welshguy,

Are you on a compound? If so which one? I see you like swimming, golf and rugby...me too.

Swimming at the british school on a Sunday night
Golf at Arizona
Rugby at Salwa on Mondays and Fridays...

There's too much to do in Riyadh.... :-)

Send me your email on a PM and I'll get in touch.

Nelson,

What boat are you on in that pic and where? My old man is a sailor, he's got a benneteau (sp) 32ft, Have you been to the sailing club in Bahrain? I'm going to Bahrain in a couple of weeks with some guys from work and I was going to take a look!

Hey Stevie, when you get back from your scouting trip in Bahrain, start a thread about any possible boating opportunities you find there.

Perhaps we can form a group.  I think the winds in the straits would be stellar for smaller boats and okay for boats, like your Dad's.

Stevie334 wrote:

Nelson,

What boat are you on in that pic and where? My old man is a sailor, he's got a benneteau (sp) 32ft, Have you been to the sailing club in Bahrain? I'm going to Bahrain in a couple of weeks with some guys from work and I was going to take a look!

Hi Stevie,

It's a class 40, partaking in the 2009 Equinix Silicon cup around the Isle of Wight. Just a bit of fun for charity.

Your dad has a nice boat can i borrow it :)

I would be interested in getting involved in some sailing however?

Misterstretch, Good idea, there's a guy at work that's into dinghy sailing too. Is 3 a group? :) I'll check it out and report back.

I go windsurfing in Dahab, Egypt, the winds there are howling most of the time.

Nelson, How cool is that, I've done the skandia around the island and double handed round the island race, takes about 11 hours though on my Dads. I guess a class 40 probably gets round in about 7 hours.?! So you know Lymington or Hamble? You from the south coast?

Welcomoe to Riyadh

wishing you nice time

Sami