Can Husband on wifes dependent visa, work in KSA

MY husband is on Muharimm Iqama, Can he work?

No dependent can work, whether male or female, adult or child.  It is illegal to work without a work visa.

He should look for a job, then once he has an offer, he should go on final exit and come back on a work visa.  Of course, his potential employer has to be willing to bring him in on a work visa.

Also, *mahram*.

Thank you sir,

Is Transfer of Iqama possible , Trasnfer to hiring company.

I know of a husband under his wife's sponsorship transferring to a company, but he said it was very difficult.  This was many years ago. I don't know how easy or hard it would be now.  Let your husband find a job, and then ask his future employer if they can transfer or not.  If they can't, they should be willing to bring him in on a new visa.  If they won't or can't, find an employer who will.  Under no circumstances should he work while under your sponsorship, as he would be placing you at risk.  If caught, both of you will probably be deported.

His residence permit must be clearly stating that "work not permitted".. No company will hire his services.. especially with the prevailing situation in Saudi Arabia..

He can search for a job, then exit the country and come on a job visa of that particular company.. Simple as that ..

SAMIRAzoheb wrote:

MY husband is on Muharimm Iqama, Can he work?

yup thats alll right

Can't work without work visa.

fsb2002 wrote:

yup thats alll right

What's "alll right"?

Dude, you live in Dubai, so why are you coming to this board and posting false information?  And that even in a thread which was resolved by 2 people a month ago...?  Seriously, this is the most interesting old thread you found on the whole Saudi board to bring back to the top?  :rolleyes:

Trapezius wrote:
fsb2002 wrote:

yup thats alll right

What's "alll right"?

Dude, you live in Dubai, so why are you coming to this board and posting false information?  And that even in a thread which was resolved by 2 people a month ago...?  Seriously, this is the most interesting old thread you found on the whole Saudi board to bring back to the top?  :rolleyes:

:dumbom:

:D

Trapezius wrote:
fsb2002 wrote:

yup thats alll right

What's "alll right"?

:lol: Good Shot Trapezius

Hi good day to all! I'm a Filipino and my husband is a Saudi national and I want to know if I could work here without the need to transfer my sponsorship?

Bleugurl wrote:

Hi good day to all! I'm a Filipino and my husband is a Saudi national and I want to know if I could work here without the need to transfer my sponsorship?

Who is your current sponsor and what's your profession in iqama?

Bleugurl wrote:

Has it been long since you're married ?

I'd say give a try to apply for a Saudi Passport :P as your husband is Saudi :)
That'd make things easy , you won't need Iqama or anything :P

To answer your question :
Any expat who wants to work in Saudi Arabia should be on their respective employers sponsorship :)

gunner757 wrote:

Any expat who wants to work in Saudi Arabia should be on their respective employers sponsorship :)

Almost always correct, but not always!

Children of Saudi mothers and non-Saudi fathers are not given Saudi citizenship (which is terrible, but that's another issue), however, in terms of employment they are considered Saudis as per new laws.

Don't know about no-Saudi wives of Saudi men, they also receive some benefits with regards to employment, health care, etc., but don't know what exactly.

It can't be difficult to find the answer, Bleugurl.  Just ask your husband to ask the government relations or HR personnel at wherever he works.  The laws are clear, just don't know what they are.

Trapezius wrote:
gunner757 wrote:

Children of Saudi mothers and non-Saudi fathers are not given Saudi citizenship (which is terrible, but that's another issue), however, in terms of employment they are considered Saudis as per new laws.

Don't know about no-Saudi wives of Saudi men, they also receive some benefits with regards to employment, health care, etc., but don't know what exactly.

It can't be difficult to find the answer, Bleugurl.  Just ask your husband to ask the government relations or HR personnel at wherever he works.  The laws are clear, just don't know what they are.

What I dont understand and probably the others is that if you are married to a Saudi, how come you are still under a sponsorship. So in this case, has the marriage been approved by the ministry of foreign affairs ? Are you under his sponsorship or under some one elses ? whats the profession ? based on who is your sponsor, what is your profession we may be able to guide you better.

If you marry a Saudi, you come under his/her sponsorship.  That's the way laws are.  Any non-Saudi in the country must be under someone's sponsorship.  If you are not Saudi, but your spouse/father/mother is Saudi then s/he is your sponsor.

Wow was exactly looking for this topic, is family visa easily transferable to working visa ?

DesiBint wrote:

Wow was exactly looking for this topic, is family visa easily transferable to working visa ?

It's easy , my brother did transfer his sponsorship to his employer ;)

All you need is a job which accepts you with transferable Iqama ;)

Bingo , work done :D

Trapezius wrote:
gunner757 wrote:

Adding to what Trapezius has said up there, non-Saudi wives married to Saudi Nationals also receive the same benefits. Their profession in iqama must say "زوجة مواطن" (Wife of Saudi National) and her husband must be the sponsor.

HOW YOU BRING HIM AS MAHRAM.  CAN YOU EXPLAIN THE PROCEDURE. IS IT SAME PROCEDURE AS FAMILY VISA OR CHANGE.

Hi guys, I have a question to ask.

My wife works in saudi as an English teacher so according to her profession she is allowed to apply for me as a family residency visa or family visit visa.

1) Now her company want her to resign due to her having a well paid job, but she doesn't want to leave, can she still apply for me or does she need approval from her company, I've read that she needs to get it signed and stamped but can her company refuse to stamp the document?

2) Im currently working in saudi and I have my own visa, i came her in 2013, and I was working for the same company as her, and her company wanted me to resign due to receiving a high salary, and they were giving me a difficult time, but then our company came to an agreement and said, if you resign we will transfer you to another company, which they did, therefore my iqama is transferable. Now I have found a better job and want to transfer to the third company but my current company is refusing to transfer me. What options do I have legally.

Due to past circumstances I cant go on a final exit and come on a new visa, as saudi embassy won't allow me due to having a past conviction 15 years ago as you got to hand in an ACRO, an enhanced CRB check.

Therefore I'm looking at options where my wife applies for me under her sponsor, and then in that way she transfer me to the new company that has giving me a job offer.

I would really really appreciate it, if some one call advise me on what to do.

Thankyou so much.

Hi ShamUK,

this is an old thread. You should participate on recent threads or create your own topic so that you may get some feedbacks.

All the best,
Bhavna

Hey
I have lived in Saudi for 6 yrs , I think you can also find a local to sponsor  and you can have your own free visa ,I have a friend who has done that and she lives there and works freely without stress from anyone she only pays the Saudi anytime she needs to renew her Visa.