Married !

Hi all, i recently got married in the ukraine and am wondering what to do next, will i be able to get a extenision to my 90 days in the ovir, my 90 days will be up in 4 weeks, all advice welcome

Well, An American friend of mine got married in Sept to a Ukrainian in Ukraine. He told me they have to be married two years and then he can apply for a resident visa. Until then he needs to exit the country every 90 days,then come back. Thats all I know! Maybe you need to file some papers first then wait the two years. you better check with the ovir.

As long as the 2 years have not passed you can apply for a temporary residence certificate that allows to be in Ukraine for a year.

I think you will need a type D visa before you can apply for the residence permit, in which case you may need to go home and apply for it, then return and get the permit.

regards
Sean

You need to ask a permanent permit with your local foreign police. It is a procedure, that takes 10 minutes and cost around the 200-300 UAH. Than you need to get in your passport and on your permit a stamp of the MBM. All procedure takes maximum 3 days.
You become than resident of Ukraine and don't have to travel up and down. If you go to the foreign tax office and request a tax number with your permanent permit, you are able to open a bank account with any Ukrainian bank(foreign or local account does not matter). Congrats with your marriage. ;) Good luck with the paperwork.