Where can I get Malaysian/Singapore stuff in HCMC ?

Hi guys, I'm Malaysian in Hanoi , will go to HCMC for a week soon. I wonder where can I get Malaysian or Singaporean stuff like ingredient, canned food, source and etc...

It's not easy to find in Hanoi and not many Malaysian or Singaporean foods in Hanoi so sometimes it's kinda miss the taste, pls show me if you know any in the town, thank you every much !

Cheers,
Joe

chewjoe123 wrote:

Hi guys, I'm Malaysian in Hanoi , will go to HCMC for a week soon. I wonder where can I get Malaysian or Singaporean stuff like ingredient, canned food, source and etc...

It's not easy to find in Hanoi and not many Malaysian or Singaporean foods in Hanoi so sometimes it's kinda miss the taste, pls show me if you know any in the town, thank you every much !

Cheers,
Joe

Don't know about foods, but sometimes you will buy an electric drill or grinder, it can be made in Malaysia. ( ie, Bosch ,  a famous German company is one ).

Quite surprised. Thought that Hanoi will have big supermarts that stock stuffs from all over the world. In dist 7, Phu my Hung and favorite shopping place is Giant Supermart at Crescent Mall.

Give Phuong Ha a try at  58 Hàm Nghi, Quận 1 :)

I saw lot of Malaysian items in Singapore airport :D

I've not been to Giant at Crescent Mall, is it worth a visit? Are they as big and well stocked as Lotte in that area?

I have seen some shops in District 7 that stock Singapore items (3in1 long packets of Milo -they are diff from the Vn version - and er.. can't remember now, didn't really pay attention). Then there is the grocery store at District 1 (the bakery shop that looks like a typical Vnamese store and you go inside it's packed with imported goods) that I saw some tomyam paste, sate peanut sauce, roti prata (frozen). What kind of items are you looking for?

Giant is well stocked but I don't remember Malaysian items being there. Didn't really hunt for the stuff though, I usually cook Malaysian dishes myself since Vietnam has all the herbs and spices I need anyway.

mind to let me know which area is the shop you said that at Q1? wanna try out this weekend. thanks