Restaurants/Bars/Nightlife

Just thought I would check on the state of play of the subject items in places such as Saar, Janabiyah, Budaiyah and out that way generally. Is there anything of interest, outside the likes of the Dilmun and Rugby Clubs, or do you really need to travel to Manama?

Thanks.

Hi

Apart from what you have mentioned there is:

Sar Cinema
Cappuccino Cafe
Villa Mama's
Horse Riding Stables
Both Clubs mentioned have lots of activities
Numerous Health Clubs

On Budaiya Highway (off Saar Avenue) you have many restaurants and the Country Club is just off there

For bars/clubs and noisy nightlife you go to Juffair/Adliya. The trip used to be a nightmare but it appears to have become easier now that the new tunnel road has opened.

Nowhere is far away in Bahrain!!

All bars and clubs are in Adliya, Juffair, Exhibition Road, Seef and Manama areas. Seef has 3 shopping malls which are huge if you are into visiting malls. If you are into visiting clubs, bars and lounges where you can have a drink but also have a chat without having to shout; Bahrain has a lot to offer. And as Jo said, nowhere is far in Bahrain but if you are thinking of commuting to Saudi Arabia on a daily basis, Saar, Janabiya and surrounding areas will be your best bet due to their close proximity to causeway.

There are a couple of restaurants in Budaiya that are licensed.

Lanterns which is an excellent Indian and a Thai restaurant which is quirky but cheap.

I would reiterate - nowhere is far in Bahrain.

Thanks all for the responses, which are kind of what we expected.

We will be looking to stay over around Saar, Janabiyah etc., as I will be making the daily commute to Saudi and we are not really looking for any sort of major nightlife, just some reasonably decent restaurants and maybe somewhere to get a cold one or three.

Appreciate nowhere is too far in Bahrain and will certainly visit Adliya, Juffair etc. when we need that something extra.

I dont know much about Saar & Janabiya, however in Adliya there quite a lot of restaurants to suite individual taste. Most of them are pretty good. The area is crowded on weekends due to its popularity. Juffair has good restaurants too but Adliya being the more popular place. :D

Just to help you, this link for restaurants may give you an idea of some restaurants in Bahrain.. ;)

Good luck and welcome to Bahrain.

:cheers:

Thanks for the link jazzy851. Useful information for everyone, especially when we are heading in to a long weekend. :top:

I would highly recommend everyone to park near Adliya and walk around the restaurants there. There are plenty of places to visit around and options to choose from.