Thinking of moving to Torino

Hi,

I was hoping that some of you may be able to help me in my research.

My husband has lived and worked in Torino (at Fiat) before, in 2009. I have always felt like I have an Italian heart and we have begun the process of him applying for his citizenship and Italian passport because we want to make our dream come true of moving to Torino a reality for Fall/Winter 2014!

I have a few questions:

1. While I do not have a completed degree I was studying art education. I have experience in the classroom. What is the probability of me getting a job teaching English in a private/public school without my completed degree? Should I do a Teaching English as a Foreign language certificate?

2. Where can we look online for apartments, I have not had much luck.

3. I read about the L'ITALIANO PORTICANDO has anyone taken classes there? Or would you recommend somewhere else to learn the language.

Thanks for any information :)

Teresa

Hello,
I spent some time in Turin last year and liked it - the people are very polite and it's been given a real facelift.

I teach English to Italians and enjoy it.....the minimum a school would accept is a TEFL Certificate. I don't have a university degree but have 20 years experience teaching. They also want experience.

The salaries are low and work is not regular. The reason I came back to Tuscany was because most schools wanted me to open a "partita  iva", which basically meant I would be accountable for paying my own tax.....it's an absolute nightmare for us teachers, AND VERY COMPLEX.

It's easy to find a flat....you could join INTERNATIONS TURIN,an expat networking site and look at the accomodation page, or try SUBITO.TORINO, KIJIJI.TORINO, BAKECA.TORINO

Let me know if you need more help.