Planning on visiting in December for a few weeks appreciate feeback

Pr is still #1 on my retirement list in 2 yrs. Looking for clean,safe inexpensive lodging. (1 k per 2 weeks max) Prefer central location in the mountains. I live on a beach in Texas we are tired of living directly on the coast. Looking for that special place in the hills to retire views are important.

Speak and read Spanish semi fluent.  Plant to visit areas 30+ miles from San Juan and further. I do not like big city's. A knowledgeable guide would be good for a few days. I am very athletic, would love to ride some big waves,free dive snorkeling,remote caves and waterfalls would be fun. I am one of the best fishermen in Texas. Free liner or lures, drag fishing is expensive and boring.

Jim

check out Puerto Rico day trips.com either on the web or on Facebook. They are the most adventurous speak English generally nice people. A list of a great places that most writers never seen a lifetime and the most of the local have no clue exist.
you're also really good at answeringyour inquiry. Good luck.

For that kind of money you should be able to rent a very nice place in the mountains. Try clasificadosonline. Naranjito (central location, view of Atlantic facing north, not very far from SJ); Luquillo (in the East, view of Atlantic facing north); Yabucoa (Southeast, views of the Atlantic/Caribbean); Naguabo and Humacao (East, view of Atlantic); Salinas (South, view of Caribbean) are some of the towns that meet your requirements. Good luck!

Thanks, liked day trips on Facebook. Will follow them closely. I want to see the entire island again. Was there as a child.

Nomad Lawyer- thanks for the locations have goggled them and will look at classifiedsonline .