Filipino books

I have just read an amazon kindle e book on the philippines. It gave an insight into the filipino character which I am ashamed to say I hadn't even thought about. Of course there are courageous , spirited people standing up for the Philippines. Does anyone know another book like DAN BROWN'S HELL IS HOME TO HEROES AND ANGELS  by a filipino author which gives hope.  TOM

Hi Tom,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Your post was moved to the Philippines forum for better visibility and interaction. :)

Thank you,

David.

From what I read, Dan Brown's depiction of Manila as the gates of hell did not go over very well in the Philippines.  Of course it is fiction.  I have some good books on the Philippines, but they are military history from 1898 until 1945.

Hi Dave, thank you for your help. From the paradise of Siargao Island. tom

Hi Tom, you could read some of the novels by F. Sionil José. Just read one of his novel "Sin" and I'm about to read another of his novels "Po-on".

thanks for the info, I'll have a look on kindle for military history. I had war comics when I was a kid and have always enjoyed the military accounts. I only read new books on kindle, save trees.

tom