Considering moving to Malaysia from Ireland

Hi there,
We may possibly be moving to Kuala Lumpa in a few months with my husbands job and our 2 children(8+1). I have never been there so am quite anxious but my husband travels a lot there for work and believes it will be a great place fir us all to live and for our eldest to go to school.
I just have a few queries and reservations I wod really appreciate some help with.
Firstly what international schools would you recommend in KL as we are going to pick a school first and then hopefully find a good location there for us to live?
I would preferably like to live in an area that is good for kids with parks and activities for them to do?
Is KL a good place to bring up children from anyone's experience?
I would love to hear from anyone else who has gone or going through the same experience as me

Many thanks Dee

Hello Dee

KL town is safe...we just need to becareful with our kids .i'M sure you will like KL town .

they are few great international schools in KL

Hi Dee,

[no free ads thanks]

Cheers

Hello realtorviv.

You may also share the informations with us on the forum. It may help the other members too.

Thanks.

Karen :)

Hi Karen,

I would love to. However, the fact that I'm a realtor, if I were to share the information publicly on the housing availability, prices, etc, I may appear to be promoting/ advertising freely. Hence, likely to be moderated by the Admin.

Dee - this list may be helpful - it gives an idea of the different types of schools and the curriculum they provide:

kualalumpur.angloinfo.com/af/250/kuala-lumpur-schools-and-international-schooling.html

A lot will depend on:
a) your budget
b) which schools have a vacancy for your son's school year

It is also important that you know where you husband's office is located, as rush hour travel is tough.  If you combine his route to work with how easy it is to get to school - then that will pinpoint the best schools to consider.

KL is actually a huge area so feasibly your hubby's office could be 50km outside of the KL City Centre (KLCC).  Once again that will impact on which schools you can reach or which have a bussing service for the pupils.

Living overseas is one of the best experiences it is possible to have - because it gives so much opportunity to see and understand different parts of the world and its people.  KL area is extra good because it is very simple and inexpensive to travel in the region to Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Indonesia, etc.

Thanks for that info. Hubby is flexible where we live as he will be travelling from there so we believe it will be best to find a good school first and then our home close to that😊

Thanks for feedback, but it has a HUGE impact on the area in which Hubby will work.  For example: public transport is not well connected, so getting to a rail station could take 20 minutes on foot in 32 degrees C - or pouring rain.  A car journey to KLCC can take up to 2 hrs to travel a few KM.  If Hubby is working in Selangor e.g. Petaling Jaya, it is feasible to live north and travel there and live say close to one of the Int. Schools near KLCC (Alice Smith). If you live in Mont Kiara, a car is 100% necessary for each of you as there is no public transport.