Do you live in a safe traffic country?

Check this out.

You can check every country of the world how many people are killed by traffic.
You can see which country is safe and which is the worst.
And to know some news facts.

Be safe and stay safe!!!

http://roadskillmap.com/#

Looking at Indonesia........

I did and I'm surprised the number is so low.
Then I thought about it. Most accidents I've seen are low speed because the traffic jams are so bad so it tends to be injuries rather than death.
I compared with Thailand where I've seen some terrible driving and, as expected, the number is far higher.
I think that's equally lousy driving but they tend to get drunk as well.

I live in Japan and its totally safe for traffic..

Traffic will never be safe as long as it involves vehicles steered by humans.

Look at China.  Reported – 70,134, estimated – 275,983.  Something's not right.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

Look at China.  Reported – 70,134, estimated – 275,983.  Something's not right.

That's right, even a kid playing on the corner of the streets get hit with carelss driver or should I say "who Cares" people. just saying.......

I wouldn't say they're careless.  If they get hit, they care - but they are incredibly reckless.

Reckless can be an excuse to accident, having an accident and leaving the helpless one dying is carelessness, I've seen once in their video the driver even hit the 2 year old boy twice and many passers by but no one help the agonizing kid. :sosad:

Look up Yue Yue.  She was a 2 year old girl who was hit by 2 different cars while walking on a small well-lit road.  The 1st car stopped after hitting her but then kept driving.  The 2nd car just ran over her like she was a speed bump.  18 different people passed right by her while she was dying in the middle of the road.  Eventually a garbage collector pulled her body off the road - just before a 3rd car was about to hit her.

There was also the guy who backed his car up and hit a child.  He stopped and got out but then continued backing over the child, then dove forward over the child and went back & forth a few times.  When reporters asked him later why he kept running over the child over & over again, he said he did it because the fine for killing a child is much lower than it would have been to pay the hospital bills for an injured child.

So after 2 hit cars and 18 passers only the garbage collector shows his care to the agonizing 2 years old kid so still carelessness.....:)
How about the 2 kids playing at the back of the car and the driver started the car and knew they were still their playing but he still drove it in backwards, twice.

I always see car accident when I m on highway and pray I won't be next....

JasfurJQ wrote:

So after 2 hit cars and 18 passers only the garbage collector shows his care to the agonizing 2 years old kid so still carelessness.....:)

I'm not sure a smiley face is the best thing when talking about a little girl being run over, crushed and bleeding to death on the street.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:
JasfurJQ wrote:

I'm not sure a smiley face is the best thing when talking about a little girl being run over, crushed and bleeding to death on the street.

don't worry its not for the story but for you to stay in peace chatting.....:|

I saw both clips and I can't describe how I felt when I saw this.
What it makes it worse is the lack of a good justice or the interest from the government. Shame on them!

If you're talking about China, justice is a relative concept.  If you kill a boy, the fine is higher than if you kill a girl.  If you kill the child of a doctor, the fine is higher than if you kill the child of a farmer.

It doesn't matter where this took place.

You could (almost) fill in the name of every country.
There is a nice word for it:class justice.
It is every where. Unfortunately...

In from Egypt.. If we talk about Cairo for example... I guess that there is nothing can describe traffic here... Just saying Cairo is more than enough.

mo.arafat11 wrote:

In from Egypt.. If we talk about Cairo for example... I guess that there is nothing can describe traffic here... Just saying Cairo is more than enough.

Agree with you, visit once Cairo and the traffic is pure suicide!
I have a huge driving experience and till now I never caused an accident (thank God) and I am not afraid. But when I took a taxi, I covered my eyes and prayed many times for a save trip.

Though the USA has a bad reputation in a number of different areas I feel that we do a reasonably good job of managing traffic.It is easy to say this now because I am not caught in a traffic jam. The vehicles have a number of safety features that I am not sure the rest of the world enjoys. The price of car insurance urges all of us to drive safely.

In many countries there are not car insurances.

He's saying that Americans drive more carefully because insurance is so expensive.

In the Netherlands it is also expensive but it does not prevent them from driving safe.

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR