Living in Jakarta

Ok I'm going to try this again.  My post about living in Taipei did not get any responses, maybe I'll get more for Jakarta.

Seriously, it's bdding time at my husband's company and we have a couple of options.  Taipei is one, Phnom Penh,  and Jakarta are the others.  Any advice on life regarding, safety/security, schools for a middle and high schooler, housing, traffic and pollution, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ingy

Hi Ingy,

sometimes it takes a few days to get a response to your questions. I suggest you click on the "subscribe to this topic" link and you'll automatically receive an email when a response is posted.

I hope somebody will be able to help you.

All my wishes of success in your project,

Julien

Hi Ingy,

Look this forums and hope you can get some info.
expat.or.id and jakchat.com

Thanks,
Kumar

Nice place and hope to do some agriculutre business over there someday

Hi Ingy

Three months too late, but let me know if you still want info on Jakarta or Taipei.

Brett

Hi! My name is Silvana from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I'm moving with my husband to Jakarta in a couple of weeks. Can anybody please tell me which is the supermarket with best prices in jakarta? I will be living near Sudirman, I believe. I heard about a lot of supermarkets but still don't know which is the most convenient. Thank you very much!

Hi Silvana,

The best price supermarket would be Carrefour, I don't know which part of Sudirman you are going to stay in, but the closest Carrefour will be in Ambassador Mall - Casablanca area. Actually there is one Carrefour in Ratu Plaza (Sudirman) but if I'm not mistaken it's already closed down for good.

Enjoy your stay here :D

hi..ingy
you must have info about taipei or jakarta
go...go..go..ingy hahahaha

hi..sylvana
the great suprmarket in jakarta food hall (if you search food/meal import its very much)at plaza indonesia,senayan city and grand indonesia
have nice day in indonesia and happy shopping

Sylvana, the cheapest is MAKRO.

Hi Ingy,

there is a place that I recomend for you. This place is meet your criteria that you are looking for.

The Place Call Wisma Rembulan. it is located on south of jakarta. the exact address is Jl. Gurame No 32, Rawa Bambu, Pasar Minggu. phn 085691014111 PIC Achsan.

safety/security : Best
schools for a middle and high schooler : Closer
housing ; provided the place for family
traffic and pollution : low trafict and fresh environment

Hopefully usefull

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Ok I'm going to try this again.  My post about living in Taipei did not get any responses, maybe I'll get more for Jakarta.

Seriously, it's bdding time at my husband's company and we have a couple of options.  Taipei is one, Phnom Penh,  and Jakarta are the others.  Any advice on life regarding, safety/security, schools for a middle and high schooler, housing, traffic and pollution, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ingy

Hi Everybody!

My husband is planning to move to another country so before to decide and say YES I LIKE IT,  I would like to have more info about living in Jakarta for example:
I love fashion malls
I love to bargain and walk through the markets
I love to have massage and pamper myself in a Spas (like in Thailand)
And of course good Hospitals just in case....

If someone can give e a flash idea about living in JAkarta?
if is the same as in Bangkok or better ???
thanksssss
Suway