Immigrating to chile. live and work

I'm a Kenyan citizen highly interested to live and work in Chile. I've Higher National Diploma in Human Resource Management and Certificate in Information Technology. I've work experience in both fields. I've information that someone can migrate to Chile with a tourist visa. then look for job, after getting the job he/she can now change the status of the visa. I'm looking for someone to help me on ways to find job in Chile. is it possible to apply for job while I'm still in Kenya and get it? then from there i can migrate.

Hello wagema.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I think that this page might help you to find a job --> Jobs in Chile. You may even post your resume/CV in these sections; Human resources job offers in Chile and IT & Telecommunications jobs in Chile.

Thanks and all the best.

Karen :)

Hi , there is a company where u should apply, is called Evalueserve, is in Viña del Mar and they always are looking people that speak english and know about IT stuff.

You could apply by phone.

Good luck

thank you ricardopadro. is it possible u provide me with phone number, email and their website.

They are cracking down on that, and my consulate said you need to apply for a work visa, with an employer already in place.

You sign on your Tourist visa that "You will not seek gainful employment!" You need to find a job before, or go for a Resident Visa, but you need income from other sources. or a large bank account to do that.

Buenas tardes quisiera saber que tengo que llevar de aquí en España para Chile para homologar estudios,homologar carnets de conducir (para el tratado),si tenemos mi esposa(chilena) y yo inscribir nuestro matrimonio es decir todos los tramites necesarios o documentación que me tengo que llevar de aqui, un saludo

Hi  juanbi,

Please can you post in English only on the Anglophone forum, as this might might help other members to read an participate on this topic. :)

Thank you,

David.

You may drive with your driver license as part of the Paris Convention of 1932 but once your license is expired or you become a resident, you will need to get a driver license there. To register your marriage you will need a marriage certificate legalized by the Chilean Consulate (once you arrive, you need to go to the Foreign Minister for final validation) then, you will bring that certificate to the Civil Register and they will schedule for you to go an get your local marriage certificate. There are certain careers: Medicine, Law, etc. which require further accreditation and you will need to initiate a process to validate your studies with Universidad de Chile. All your documentation MUST be legalized by the Chilean Consulate. It will not be as easy to get your residence there -although your spouse is Chilean- as she does not live there and therefore, you will need to show you have the meanings to support yourself (like a job offer or income from your country of origin)