How to Find Work in Chile

I wrote something here http://www.gringolandiasantiago.com/201 … -in-chile/ explaining how to find work in Chile based upon my own experience.

hi, i would like to live in Chile to get my love, and i have interested to work in Chile.

hope you will guide me in this regards,

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Shanawaz Khan:)

Well hello.

I had visited chile in Jan 2011 and I plan to return for another.
I am considering taking early retirement from the states, and applying for a english teaching job there.  Now until recently, I did not think my age would be a factor, since the teaching information indicated a 'need' to have english teacher in a country that has a need to speak english.

I would like to meet some Americans there to get info on how they like it and get around etc. New places to visit on my next trip...

My teaching search would be to net search English Speaking in Chile to get more info on jobs and how to go about applying.
It stated a college degree and a native born in and english speaking country, something like that.

any guidance on this?

Thank you

Coastal_L    from California

There are so many english institutes that are presently looking for teachers. I recommend you to check the job list published at EMOL.com or emol.cl If you go to the Artes y Letras you will find the places that are looking for teachers.

Also apply to DUOC or Tronwell. Find the webpages under the same name follow by .cl

Hope this information help you a little bit.

Patricia

Hi all,

I am looking for a fruit picking job like in a Venyard or something like this.
Any idea in that regard?
Thanks.
Maryyon.

I worked in a vineyard in 2005 when I wrote a book about Chilean wine.  http://www.amazon.com/Wine-Communism-Vo … 1934074039 .  You don't really want to pick fruit. They pay something like $0.90 USD per hour.  The workers arrive in the vineyard in buses and  the workers are laid off when there is nothing to harvest.  This is work for very poor people.  If you have enough education and money to log into expat-blog then that is not what you should be doing.