Transport of a bulky parcel from UK (Scotland) to Malta

Hi guys, hope I can find some help here.

First of all congratulation to the admin and members for this interesting forum. I hope I can be considered as a valid member... I have been studying in Edinburgh for these 10 months and I still have the last 6 weeks. During this time I have accumulated loads of books and non-fragile personal items that will surely not fit in my luggage.

I was trying to find a recommended company which can collect my stuff of about 25kg, supply a box, and deliver it by ship (Freight) to Malta. It's not urgent so I can wait for its delivery.

Any suggestions please

Thanks
Steve

Not sure about "supply a box" but the post office, parcelforce, UPS all deliver to Malta. However to get  a quote you will need weight and box size.

Terry

I checked with parcel post (via website) and they can offer airmail up to 5kg at a rather expensive bill. I was hoping to send the items in a box by freight to save money. Courier is too expensive and it's not urgent matter. What options are there ???

Parcelforce international gave me a quote of £80 plus when I put in your 25kg (but had to guess the size).
Other than that try contacting a freight handling agency (yellow pages) for a quote.

Terry

If you look in  https://www.expat.com/en/business/europe/malta/
at the bottom there is a place to get a quote.

expatboxes.com on info@expatboxescom will give you a door to door price and deliver every couple of months to Malta on as regular basis.

80Pound for 20-25kg sounds very good. I went in parcelpost website and the GlobeValue prices are very reasonable. I really think that I could not find better in UK. I will inform you how it develops for future users in my same situation.

Best wishes
Steve

I have now concluded my research after asking for several quotes, and Parcel Post is the most economical and they have tracking and compensation for about 10-15 pound more. The price by Parcel Post was about 66% of the cheapest quote. I had the wrong idea that sending ab ox by surface is much cheaper then by airmail.

Thank you for your suggestions
Steve

Thanks for giving us the update, lots of people get the replies but never update us on any outcome.
:top:

Terry