Planning on moving to Carlos Paz (outside Cordoba)

Hello.  I'm a 37 year old Miamian, planning my move to Argentina, specifically Carlos Paz, in the next year.

The wife's family is all around Cordoba, and I've been in the country for an average of two weeks per trip about a dozen times.

As someone from Miami, Cordoba itself feels too oppressive to live in, although I definitely want to be close enough to enjoy big city staples like malls, theaters, touristic spots (I love the peatonal), and restaurants (they even have decent sushi).

I'm lucky enough to be in the computer business, and in the specific IT fields that allow me to work for my American employer from anywhere in the world.

I know I need to talk to professionals from the legal and accounting professions, but I would love to hear some advice on how income earned outside the country should be handled, as well as residence issues.

Thanks, and I'm excited to hear your thoughts!

I suggest you contact Help Desk [email protected]

I am a US citizen in the software industry living in Córdoba for the last 7 years. I'm pretty sure that I can help you a LOT. Feel free to contact me at samwdavis at hotmail.

Hey there, Sam (?)!

Sounds like you are living my future life.

My Argentinian wife is going to do most of the Argentinian paperwork (like making me a resident and such) with the Miami consulate.

Outside of that aspect, how are you doing your banking?  In a US bank which you access with an ATM card?  How about taxes?  Do you pay a portion of your American salary to Argentina?

Also, I do ALL of my bills online.  From what I've seen on my trips, it seems that Argentina is not there yet, and that visits to local offices and/or mail is used extensively for billing.  If you left the States seven years ago, I'm not sure how automated everything were, but I'm assuming there was still a shock to see how the system operates?