Questions about moving to Argentina

Hi everybody,

I am considering moving to Argentina and would like some help from people that have already walked the way.

Any information or pointers to web sites are appreciated. I will be most thankful to people that have already moved who can share their experience. Any advice will be also very helpful for me.

I understand that it is difficult without a lot of details, so here is the important stuff - I am in my thirties, not married but with a (serious) girlfriend who will come with me. I work with computers, but will not decline any reasonable job if necessary, have some savings but not too much, do not have any real requirements than finding a nice small/medium city, friendly to immigrants and safe for starting a family, with some opportunities for work. Although I have read a lot about Argentina, some words about the life in the different parts of the country will be useful.

In the beginning I am interested mostly about what are the monthly expenses for two people in a smallish city, what is the situation with jobs (how quickly I can start working), how well I need to know Spanish to find a job (I am studying currently already), things like that. Basically how to survive/adjust during the first year in Argentina and what to expect (both good things and challenges).

I will be greatly thankful to everybody that can help!

-p77

Hi and welcome on board p77

I would suggest you to go through the various articles of the Argentina guide.
It might help ;)

Regards
Armand

Thanks, Armand! Already done!

-p77