From UK to Cali

Hola amigos.

I am trying to research moving to Cali to help me with learning Spanish and to be with my girlfriend. I learn very quickly but need to have the opportunity to speak it all the time. I have found lots of info on moving from the US to Cali but very very little about coming from UK.

Does anyone have advice on what sort of job i would need to be able to survive in Cali?

Hi PJ27188,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for posting your question here. I am sure you will get responses soon.

All the best,
Christine
Expat.com team

Hi PJ27188,

I have been traveling to Colombia for years now since I was 17. I decided to take the time to live here in Cali (from the US) for the past 6 months and I am working on my resident visa.

Remember you can't work here (legally) unless you have a work, resident or spouse visa.  So definitely think about that first.

A majority of the expats I talk to here teach English or French but the schools here may not pay what you consider "good money". They usually pay a little more if you have a degree or TEFL certification.

If your girlfriend is here in Cali and she is Colombian you should definitely use her resources if she is able to show you around.

In my experience you would make more money with an entrepreneurial venture here.

Feel free to ask me any questions if you have any!

are you still in cali??
I m dani from spain. Just arrived 3 days ago

we can meet us?

see you soon

dani