Newbiee to expat...... :P

Dear folks i am a newbiee here n i need your help buddiess and my respected Admins , moderators n everyone....!!!! I am looking for some change and want to work in Philippines so want to know how can i apply for a job in Philippines...... Thanks folks :D

Do your research first so you may not commit the mistakes of other foreigners, who came here unprepared. It's expensive to live in urban areas and it's affordable to live in rural areas. You are a foreigner; you may not like it but you will be expected to pay for some things at higher prices. Watch out for cunning taxi drivers.

HELLO:
       I AM A AMERICAN LIVING 5 YEARS IN THE PHILIPPINES...THERE NO JOBS HERE FOR THE FOREIGNERS...I GO TO BANGKOK WHEN I WANT TO WORK BUT STILL LIVE HERE....I WAS WORKING IN PUNE LAST YEAR...I WAS THE "HEAD COACH" OF THE MUMBAI FIGHTERS...DO YOU KNOW THE BOXING TEAM...?
REGARDS
JOE CLOUGH

harshad9 wrote:

Dear folks i am a newbiee here n i need your help buddiess and my respected Admins , moderators n everyone....!!!! I am looking for some change and want to work in Philippines so want to know how can i apply for a job in Philippines...... Thanks folks :D

Depending on your area of expertise; there could possibly be work for you here but don't expect much in pay and you must be a permanent resident here in order to have a working visa...

Good Luck

haha... thanx tagalugin for the info but in order to achieve something you have to pay for it n in my case will like to survive in Philippines...... letz see what comes up.... nywayz thanks...!!!

hi joe thanks for your info ! i know the mumbai boxing team and know Pune very well . As you say there are no jobs there in Philippines how do you pay for your living....??

Thanks vetretreat for the info ...!!! I will love to work in Philippines even though they pay me less because wanna enjoy life little as work will always be a part of our life . Do you have any information about any agency's that recruit foreigners in Philippines ? Let me know if you know n about working visa will get it...... Thanks :D

WELL, I JUST FINISHED MY CONTRACT TEACHING IN BANGKOK IN MARCH...WHEN I AM WORKING MY RETIREMENT BUILDS UP IN MY BPI BANK...SO NOW I HAVE A LOT OF MONEY IN MY SAVINGS...NOW LOOKING AT A POSITION IN AMERICA,,,,

harshad9 wrote:

Thanks vetretreat for the info ...!!! I will love to work in Philippines even though they pay me less because wanna enjoy life little as work will always be a part of our life . Do you have any information about any agency's that recruit foreigners in Philippines ? Let me know if you know n about working visa will get it...... Thanks :D

Get paid less? Are you sure about this? There is a saying: "Be careful what you wish for," because it might come true.
For most employees, less salary = less options for excellent meals, travels, nightlife... less salary = less fun
But, as they say, to each his own...

In any case, it will be difficult to find a job with a salary equal to a junior staff member because companies can easily hire a local who has the same skills, can survive the cost of living in the Philippines the local way, and does not need a work visa.

In short, you must have more choices for employment.

You can post your curriculum vitae here:

http://www. jobstreet.com.ph/

Hi JOE CLOUGH,

Can you please avoid using your caps lock on the forum. So as all the members can understand your post :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Maximilien17 wrote:

Hi JOE CLOUGH,

Can you please avoid using your caps lock on the forum. So as all the members can understand you post :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

are you blind...looks perfectly legible to me...I think Joe comes from the old school when they used teletype writers to communicate...Everything was done in caps...Whatever your comfortable with JOE...

Hi vetretreat,

I invite you to read the PHILIPPINES FORUM CODE OF CONDUCT.

Especially the LANGUAGE part please.

Thank you for your contribution

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

It only says to avoid...It doesn't say must not, do not, can not, go to jail or removed from the site if you do..

I am also from the old school when teletype and binary code was on paper tape or punch cards...Can you read binary in the blind?...I can and it is much more difficult to read than the alphabet in CAPS...

Once again let JOE decide whether he wishes to AVOID using CAPS...It is my opinion the site doesn't want it used because it takes up more space...So if JOE wants to be considerate of that fact than it is his choice...

However JOE, YOU and I are a little off subject here we should be giving advice on employment here in the Philippines...

Hi vetretreat!

Just to let you know that it is also recommended to avoid writing in all caps because it is considered to be the equivalent of shouting or yelling according to the forum netiquette.
So now could we get back to the topic?

Thanks
Armand
Expat.com Team

Armand wrote:

Hi vetretreat!

Just to let you know that it is also recommended to avoid writing in all caps because it is considered to be the equivalent of shouting or yelling according to the forum netiquette.
So now could we get back to the topic?

Thanks
Armand
Expat.com Team

MAYBE JOE IS HARD OF HEARING...LOL...

Hi vetretreat! chill now n thanks for your contribution ... Cheers !

haha tagalugin ! thats a cool explanation to open up my other eye which was closed . Gotta think about it . n where do you work in manila?...... thanks n cheers !!!! :D

hi joe ! Thanks for the info n good to here from you that you have got loads of money ......  lol :D