Close

Questions About Living At the Ocean -Bahia de Caraquez

Lonecowboy,

I don't know about triplicate - but I always made certain to scan my documents before giving them in to the Consulate.  My situation was somewhat different, living where I could just go there in person and wait for items.  Actually I went there 9 times.  My 8 documents morphed into 20 documents if I recall.  They had to separate certain things such as translations, etc.  All my translations were professionally done and notarized first in Ottawa, then authenticated by DFAIT, before submitting them to the Consulate.    They were always trying to be helpful, and were competent.  The issue was that Quito's computer program did not have a way to accept documents of translation for someone 65 years of age, or something like that.  Ottawa had to request Quito to alter its computer program in order to accept certain documents.  Also it was the first time that year that anyone my age had requested documents stamped.  While time wound on, I went and requested, once again, my background checks from RCMP and from Ottawa Police (for the provincial records).  This was looking ahead, in case in Ecuador the documents, after 6 months date of issue, became out of date.  This was a really good idea it turns out.

@ Lonecowboy and HelenPivoine > Your questions concern mainly visa, maybe you should create your own thread under the Information on visas in Ecuador section as we are drifting a bit off topic here. ;)

Thanks all,

Priscilla

Dear wanderingbears,
Yes, I'd love to know more, e.g., how to get there from Quito, types of housing and range of costs for a 1 BR, infrastructure, closest medical facility, getting around without a vehicle, etc.
PS

Hi Charlie 'WanderingBear'. Sorry we got disconnected somehow last spring.
Sure sorry I did not take your advice as to Pensioner Visa out of Manta. I spent my 90 day Visa there (north west of Quito) and had a very bad experience with an Ecuadorian lawyer i hired before I left Canada.
I Just recently was referred by CCC to the Ecuadorian law, protecting Gov. Consul Generals & abogados. Seems that jail terms are waiting for those willing to expose crooked practices and incompetant CG's.
A very costly but also a very wonderful  Ecuadorian experience, Thanks to the everyday, honest people of rural Ecuador.
Please send personal email if you wish to know more.
Lonecowboy

Lonecowboy :

Just recently was referred by CCC to the Ecuadorian law, protecting Gov. Consul Generals & abogados. Seems that jail terms are waiting for those willing to expose crooked practices and incompetant CG's.
Lonecowboy

The Cowboy’s oblique reference is to an EC law prohibiting published attacks -- whether true or not -- against visa facilitators.

The item is prominently featured at the moment on the welcome page of dayinquito.blogspot.com.co (or google:  day in quito blog), dated November 21, 2016.

cccmedia in Quito

Lonecowboy here
Once again my lack of PC experience has put me in the 'spotlight'.
That was supposed to be a personal reply to Wanderbear.
Bill

Hey there Lonesome Cowboy, I sent you twp private messages since your last post.  Do you know how to access them? 
Wandering

Expatriate health insurance in Ecuador

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Ecuador

Moving to Ecuador

Find tips from professionals about moving to Ecuador

Travel insurance in Ecuador

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Ecuador

Flights to Ecuador

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Ecuador