Its Hard Here!!

I came here about two weeks ago in the name of running,when I arrived here no contact person answered my call until almost midnight when a Filipino lady came and picked me. She hosted me for a week and I thank God for her, she was a God send angel for me. Life here in Philippines is so hard. No races which pays well and sometimes Filipinos Protest if they see Kenyans at starting line up. If I get a air ticket I will go home before my visa expires or if I get a good Samaritan who can give me money for visa extension I will be happy because my first race will be on July 14 called Manila pay. But i heard last year they did not allow foreign runners. Life so hard here. Call or text 09206901743.Thank you and God bless you all.

You came to the philippines to run races expecting to survive off the winnings? I have no sympathy for someone who doesnt spend a little time doing basic research.

WOW..GOOD LUCK IF YOU GET TO RUN IN THE RACE....JOE

Hi and welcome to the forum Cheruphil!

How do you want us to help?
You should probably enquire about a real working visa.

Regards
Armand

First Time For Everything!

Well that's the first time I've heard this one... Novel is worth something.

Wow, there you go, savor it, you've earned it.

No Problem, I will  manage so long as I got my people  from Kenya. I came here and i knew there were many challenges and in a race you enter you don't  know  whether you're going to win or not. So thanks with your silliness.

Thanks  a lot for your positive advice. Probably I would like someone to assist me extend my visa and will refund him after I run a couple of races. Also if you can assist me identify any job and how to apply  for it then I will be very grateful  to you. I can organize for  for  my academic transcripts to be send via my email back there min Kenya and change my visa to a  working visa. Please advice. thank you in advance.

You cannot work in the Philippines on a tourist visa and doubtful anyone would sponsor you for a work visa.

Another question is how did you get into the Philippines on a tourist visa without an onward ticket. No commercial airline would allow this. And now asking for money, sounds fishy.

You can give him a break. He is from Kenya and he admits he is not your typical white-skinned expatriate that has a lot of pocket money upon arriving in the Philippines. I do not know the monthly cost of living in Kenya but I guess Philippines is a little more expensive. He is looking for a job; what he needs to show is his curriculum vitae, with complete details about his skills and educational background.

Read my last sentence again. How does someone come to the Philippines on a one-way ticket on a tourist visa. No commercial airline should allow this.

dhnindc wrote:

Read my last sentence again. How does someone come to the Philippines on a one-way ticket on a tourist visa. No commercial airline should allow this.

No commercial airline will allow this, the airlines are fined  very large sums of money if they do this.

At the very least, this part of the story is a fabrication...

tagalugin wrote:

You can give him a break. He is from Kenya and he admits he is not your typical white-skinned expatriate that has a lot of pocket money upon arriving in the Philippines. I do not know the monthly cost of living in Kenya but I guess Philippines is a little more expensive. He is looking for a job; what he needs to show is his curriculum vitae, with complete details about his skills and educational background.

The color of his skin matters only to you!

Your weak, unthought out presentation of situation is very "old hat".

From the free online dictionary...

Old Hat~> Adj. 1. old-hat - repeated too often; overfamiliar through overuse; "bromidic sermons"; "his remarks were trite and commonplace"; "hackneyed phrases"; "a stock ...

I am a Tagalog language trainer and most of our students are from Europe, North America, Oceania... I have yet to welcome students from Africa... and that is the reality. Now, for you who have privileged lives, let me tell you something: you can buy a two-way ticket but, if you intend to stay in a place for a long time, you can discard The return ticket. You must have heard of Filipinas who can not leave the airport, even if they are just tourists, because it happens. You may show to the officers that you intend to stay abroad for a few days, hence two-way ticket, when in fact, it is not your intention.

So he had a return ticket, no money or means of support, and just threw the ticket away?  Story just got worse.

Agreed, his first post says arrived 2 weeks ago and then tag above says he threw away the return ticket?? Are they the same person? How would he know?

Ramblingroads wrote:
dhnindc wrote:

No commercial airline will allow this, the airlines are fined  very large sums of money if they do this.

At the very least, this part of the story is a fabrication...

STORY IS RIGHT...Beware the SCAMMERS are everywhere...

Cheruphil wrote:

No Problem, I will  manage so long as I got my people  from Kenya. I came here and i knew there were many challenges and in a race you enter you don't  know  whether you're going to win or not. So thanks with your silliness.

In your statement; you say: "I will manage so long as I got my people from Kenya"...So why are you trying to get the people on this site to front you money when you could have it wired from home???..

Get real!!!...It's obvious what your intentions are...I have my doubts you are even a Kenyan but just someone who surfs the net looking for easy prey...

@dhnindc: Are you born stupid? Maybe. Why don't you call the number given by the Kenyan racer so you can verify his identity?

Meanwhile, my number is +63-927-8300-973. Want to see my passport? Go %*+k yourself first.

The return-ticket is "just for a show" (few days discrepancy). You show it to the immigration officers so they know you are coming back. However, once you reach your destination and you want to change the date on your return ticket, there are added fees.  If you do not have the money, you definitely can not change the date of your return ticket.

This is all a scam and Tagalugin is part of it. Forum should shut this down.

Ha ha ha ha... you just can't accept the fact you are dumb and blind and there are people whose situation is not like yours, ha ha ha!

Yeah, sure, find me on Whois.com http://www.tagalugin.com now we will see who is fake and who can actually see beyond this problem.

tagalugin wrote:

@dhnindc: Are you born stupid? Maybe. Why don't you call the number given by the Kenyan racer so you can verify his identity?

Meanwhile, my number is +63-927-8300-973. Want to see my passport? Go %*+k yourself first.

The return-ticket is "just for a show" (few days discrepancy). You show it to the immigration officers so they know you are coming back. However, once you reach your destination and you want to change the date on your return ticket, there are added fees.  If you do not have the money, you definitely can not change the date of your return ticket.

Stupid is as stupid does...If a Mother Theresa looking for donations to help the needy and gave you a number to call and you call and that soft spoken woman on the other end convinces you she is who she says she is by giving all the right answers to your questions..So you get your check book out and send her money...
Hence...Identifying someone via a phone conversation is just plain idiotic..

So she gives you a time and place to bring her the money and prove her identity...Would you really risk time, money and personal safety by meeting a total stranger...GET REAL..

So you meet her and ask her for ID or passport and she replies: "I lost it" or worse yet she says "Go %*+k yourself"...

My phone number is 63 9393632235...Waste a load and give me a call...LOL

So now we're posting phone numbers here? LOL!

Waste your time looking at the person giving you a headache today!!!
facebook.com/monelli
tagalugin.com/monelli

(now getting off expat-blog, got other things to do)