Chef moving to Mumbai with doubts

Hello!

Im considering a Chef job in Mumbai for a restaurant opening this November. I'm quite lost with salaries.

The company is offering 120K Rps/month + accomodation. How good is this salary for Mumbai? I would be moving alone.

Anybody knows the international chef salary rates in India?

Thanks!

José

I dont know much about the salaries of International chefs,but this one seems to be low in comparison.
Hope we get to see you in Mumbai in November after having negotiated a more comfortable package.
Best wishes,
Art

Thanks for your answer Art,

How much do u think would be a good enough salary for a position like this in Mumbai?

Thanks for ur orientation ;)

I dont know as I am not from that industry,but I will try to check that out.I am sure that by then one of the blogger would have already answered by then.

Till then,I would suggest you to give a thought about the accomodation offered:

1)The type of accomodation,
2)the location &
3)the distance from the place of work

From rainy Mumbai

Art

Thanks again for your answer. Aparently the neighbourhood of both, residence and restaurant, would be Bandra or Lower Parel.

That's all I've got as info. Is it helpful? I've heard commuting is a mayor issue in Mumbai so if residence and work is in the same quartier there would be a great advantage in that, isnt it?

Regards!

Yes,it is an important factor.The road width is not increasing(some times it does at the expense of the footpath for pedestrians)and every day about 700 cars get added so the road traffic is invariably slow and there could be traffic jams.
Regards

Hey Jose,
I dont really know whether its a good offer you've got or not as I don't know much about that industry. But if I you see the salary as it is then its quite sufficient as you will be provided with accomodation. Do let me know if you need any further clarifications. :)

Buddy, I must tell you its a good package you getting in Mumbai.I also work as a chef in one of the best five star hotel in Mumbai or best in all over India .
You can buzz me if you need any assistance.
And if your employer is providing you an accommodation then you don't need to worry about anything.