Anyone can share me about Ahmedabad Gujarat?

HI Everyone,

I am Lhexie from Philippines and plans to move in India for work.

Anybody can give me views about Ahmedabad Gujarat?

How's the place, their cultures, and working environment?

Any Advises or Inputs will be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

Have a lovely day to all!!

Kamusta Maam .  Ahmedabad is a wonderful place to stay its  near to Mumbai which is called India's mega city . Nearest International airport is also in Mumbai and climate is moderate in ahmedabad and weather is a bit humid like in  batangas.If you want to know anything more you can contact be at [email protected].

Salamat& regards 

DEB

Ahmedabad is a nice city for living and working. You should not have any problems as long as you take the precaution a solo woman should take.

You have not specified the location of your work for suggesting a nice area to live in but they are in plenty.
It is in Gujarat which happens to be the home state of current PM of India Mr. Narendra Modi.

People of Gujarat speak Gujarati, Hindi and English and are quite friendly.

HI Deb,

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it ;) yes i will contact you by email.

Namaste Naval,

Aap Kaise hai?

Thanks a lot ;) I am happy with your answers.

I will be working in Signature 1 bldg Ahmedabad, Gujarat.

Hope we can still in touch when i get there so, I can have some friends.

Take Care

Hey,
       Am a kenyan moving to Mumbai next month. Want to set up an eatery and an African dishes restaurant.. Hope I will make new friends here..

Ahmedabad is one of the best city for living, can't consider it a decent workplace though. The best work cities are Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore. Certain precautions for safety is a must especially for a single woman.

People from Gujarat do speak Gujarati, Hindi and English and are friendly(but be cautious to that as most of see some benefits behind you) And the famous Gujrati food awaits you :)

Dear Lhexie,
I am from Ahmedabad.
- I think ur office is located at SG Highway which is most developed business area. You will get very good business environment there.
- There are 3 seasons in a year here: Monsoon, Winter and summer. Right now monsoon is going on.
- Make sure that you will have proper AC at your home also.
- The Sabarmati river divide the city in two parts. Your office side is more developed than other side, old city.
- Alcohol is prohibited here. (May be you will get wine from selected places if you apply for permit. I have no more idea about that.)
- Most of people are Vegetarian. However all kind of foods available in city.
- One can roam in city without any tension till 11:30 PM
- Most of people can understand English
- Public transport system: BRTS (Bus Rapid Transit System), AMTS (Buses run by municipal corporation), Auto rickshaw. Auto rickshaw driver have rate card with them.
- Taxi (car) available from/to Airport. Like Manan cab service Phone +91-79-40074007 / +91-9998990601
if you need more information then feel free to contact Mobile/WhatsApp: +91-9825055537

Hi Lhexie!

some facts about Ahmedabad .

It is a city  with tradition .  The natives of Ahmedabad are "Gujaratis  " as they hail from Gujarat state. The people are friendly , honest  and sincere  . But as a foreigner , it is absolutely necessary to  be able to speak at least English .

The people  are highly traditional and religious and are very proud of their culture and tradition .
They also respect the   culture and tradition of other cities in India . and expect the same from the others  who come to Ahmedabad to work or the like too.

Most parts of the city are clean , 

On the whole Ahmedabad is a good place to live , it is safe .  The people are simple .

During the monsoon season it rains heavily in Ahmedabad .

Otherwise the temperature is always warmer than in other places .

Gouri

I am from Ahmedabad. I would prefer to go for Mumbai or Bangalore in terms of better work place... but Ahmedabad is a good place to stay...of course the food! Let me know if you would like to be in connection when you come here!

Hi lhexie,
I am an expat from Singapore living in ahmedabad for some years now. Its a nice place to live, less hectic and less noisy then say a big city like Mumbai. Its pretty safe for women to travel at night though of course as in any city, some precautions should be taken. People here are business oriented and quite religious, which is why the crime rate is not as high as that in other cities.

Hi Lhexei,
I live in Ahmedabad for the past 2 years.
My office is very near to the office address mentioned by you.

You can contact me for any help in Ahmedabad at kumar (dot) eximp at gmail (dot) com.

I will wait to hear from you.

Regards,
Kumar

Hi ,
What would you like to know, as Ahmedabad is a good place to live local language being Gujarati, people are quite friendly , its a dry state so no alcohol

Hi Lhexie!

When are you moving to Ahmedabad?

nice to see some Pinoy in here... its nice decent city... safe place to live and with low budget...  Just an advice... keep educated and well mannered people around you as many times you will face the problem of language here...