Useful GPS Coordinates

Hello Everyone :)
I have been living in Riyadh for 8 months now but every time i have to browse internet to find out location of diffrent tourism spots and offices. Here i would request all expats to share any useful GPS Coordinates so that its easy for all of us to reach destinations using our Navigation tools. I am also giving out few, will update more soon... Coordinates could be any important offices, tourism places, parks, race tracks, good eat outs, any historical sites etc. Will appreciate important coordinates of places all over kingdom.
Abid.

Ar Reem Race Track 24.380302,45.979349
First Paintball    24.840242,46.767661
Thumama            25.074628,46.711248
Wadi Hanifa        24.552322,46.737001
Wadi Namar         24.572607,46.682592
Crown Prince Park  24.658104,46.678488

Al Khobar Caves (Jebel Qarah)      25.4115947N 49.6926051E

valianteagle wrote:

Hello Everyone :)
I have been living in Riyadh for 8 months now but every time i have to browse internet to find out location of diffrent tourism spots and offices. Here i would request all expats to share any useful GPS Coordinates so that its easy for all of us to reach destinations using our Navigation tools. I am also giving out few, will update more soon... Coordinates could be any important offices, tourism places, parks, race tracks, good eat outs, any historical sites etc. Will appreciate important coordinates of places all over kingdom.
Abid.

Isn't that what this is all about? https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=187444

Alliecat ,
I scrolled through whole page of the link u shared but did not find it useful. I am not interested in links for the maps. Here i want all to give out coordinates so we punch it in our navigation software and there we go... Specially it will help with an offline map tools like SYGIC and not google maps.

I am not understanding why you do not find it useful as it is doing exactly what you are asking for.

Especially when the type of coordinates you are using are the same ones Google Maps uses (and as such my car's GPS won't accept them).

You simply get the Google Map coordinate from the map and plug it into the following site for GPS friendly lat/long:

http://itouchmap.com/latlong.html

Almost everything you are asking for is located at the link Alliecat shared. The Google Maps was created with information from Expat.com members and contains exactly what you are asking for.

Thanks, Xenolol.  I thought if he had some new coordinates he could just add them (in an effort to keep all the information in ONE place!).

Exactly. Centralization is preferred and we can do that by contributing to the FreshLikeSushi's gmaps. Or we'll end up having several sets with insufficient info in each.

Xenolol and Aliecat I saw the link you shared its really useful, i dont deny it. And i agree with you guys that this all should be kept centralized. My only point was if we could just share just the LOCATION NAME and COORDINATES all at one place then it will be a handy list avialable to all. I went onto the link you shared it had many places marked on google maps and i saved them all. But i think i cant use those saved places on any other navigation software in my phone or Car. If there is any easy way to getting the coordinates of all those saved places in the link do let me know. For now i had to click on each point and then right click to see "Whats here" in google maps to get its coordinates.
I hope i made my point little more clear. Awaiting replies from you guys for more guidance....
Thanks All

And yes the google link you shared had mostly the food outlets and compounds coordinates marked. It needs to be updated thorughly cuz food chains are not all that people are interested in. You find one food chain in every corner of the city. I have some toursim places in mind if you guys could pool in coordinates for these and add more if you like to...

MASMAK FORT
OLD DIRIYAH
THUMAMAH
1st PAINTBALL
FANTASY LAND
SALAM PARK
RIYADH ZOO
EDGE OF THE WORLD
NATIONAL MUSEUM
AVIATION MUSEUM RIYADH
WADI E HANIFA
WADI E NAMAR
LAKE KHARARA
SNOW WORLD
TULAN ENTERTAINMENT CENTER
DESERT SAFARI
MOFA
JAWAZAAT OFFICE
DRIVING SCHOOL
KING FAHAD STADIUM
POI in KHOBAR, BAHRAIN, JEDDAH
MURABBA PALACE
MADAIN SALEH
DUMAT AL JUNDAL
IQAMA OFFICES

etc................

So, what you are saying is you don't know how to get the GPS coordinates from Google Maps? Easy enough to remedy:

Step One: go to the Google Map in the link provided by Alliecat.
Step Two: click on the location you want.
Step Three: the information about the location will pop up, including various options. Click on the option for directions.
Step Four: Google will then give you the numerical coordinates. You can then use these coordinates or put them into the link I provided to get more GPS device friendly versions.

Either way, you really should put your request for coordinates and offer to provide them in the link Alliecat provided to ensure a single location of interesting sites. (I know I have ten coordinates for the list you give but cannot post them as I am on my iPad, and iPads and Google Maps do not play nice.)

I hope this helps you!