Visa

I am planning to get a long term visa this summer for France--I have my appt already set with the French consulate of NY--I am married to a French citizen and have my livret famile book--can someone guide me through the process of what to expect?

Any country in mind or just pot luck?

I completely forgot to write the country--it's France--I'll have to edit it --thanks

You should probably also edit the other topic of the exact same subject.

I did--but maybe I'll delete the 'cafe' forum altogether thanks

ok, can't seem to do that, but maybe you can help/guide me? where do I go to answer specific questions on visas from france for married to french americans?

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=285

city.island.rental wrote:

I did--but maybe I'll delete the 'cafe' forum altogether thanks

Julien will be upset if you do that..

who's Julien? I wasn't able to do it anyway

Hi city.island.rental !

I moved your thread to the France forum.

Regards
Armand

thanks--maybe I'll get some feedback now

well no one ever helped me but that's ok I found out information on my own--for anyone who's interested:

TO SETTLE DOWN IN FRANCE

Spouse of a European Community Citizen

American citizens who intend to settle down in France with their EU spouse, do not have to apply for a visa prior to their departure. Upon their arrival in France, they should apply directly for the " Titre de Séjour" at the French "Préfecture" of their residencial area.

The following documents must be presented in original and one set of copies per applicant
marriage certificate (+ 1 copy)
proof of your spouse' EU nationality (+ 1 copy)
birth certificate for children (if applicable) (+ 1 copy)
documents relating to your place of residence in France (lease or property deeds)

Hello city.island.rental.

Thank you for these informations. :)

Aurélie

Thanks for your research, pity no-one helped prior to you finding information. I have only just discovered this site so could not help. As an American, do you require a visa to come to France?

All Americans are very fortunate not to be required  visas in most countries--France is one of them