Furnished Apartment in Makkah - cost? availability? July/August 2013

Does anyone know where I can get information on a reasonably-priced furnished one-room apartment (for husband and wife) in Makkah for either July or August? I'm looking for something a half kilometer (max) from the Haram. 

Anyone know what I might expect to pay? I'm not looking for anything 5-star, but rather just clean and not too far.

Any contact numbers would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello Fondue,

I advise you to post an advert in the Housing in Jeddah section.
And, please note that contact numbers on the forum is not allowed ;)

Thank you,
Pravin.

Got it, thanks!

I understand about personal numbers not being allowed, for safety's sake.  Personally, I would never give out my contact information to anyone I don't know!

By contact numbers I meant company/agency numbers that are generally well-known (rental & hotel, etc.).  Are such numbers allowed? 

Thanks!

This is going to be impossible if you come during Ramadan.  Even the tiniest, dingiest room in some back-water hotel costs big money.  I've read that the government is trying to do something about this but I doubt they have succeeded.

Yes you can find apartments there, especially during Ramadam or Hadj. Just do an advance booking.  Contact a property or/and  travel agent in Jeddah and they will arrange this. You have some good options available. Best of luck.

Hope something doable comes up!  I'll have to get some information while I'm still here. I know it's going to get more difficult with each passing day, but you never know! Thanks for the reply.

Try booking.com in makkah region and you will get an idea of the rates expected to be paid during that time. Within .5 kms from Haram can cost you easily SR.1000 - SR.2000 per day for a single room with king size bed.

very honestly u might will not get in half kilometer radius from Haram, even if u get any will be expensive . u can check at expatriates.com and choose city Makkah and see housing section. might will get some way to start looking .