FM3

Is there travel restrictions for foreign residents in Mexico that have an FM3 can only travel outside of Mexico for 60 days in a 5 year period.  Any one know anything about this?

I have seen such time restrictions in reference not to the FM-3, but to the FM-2 visa as described on a Mexico insurance site.  Your best option is to contact the nearest Mexican consulate.

Thanks Carlos.  On my last trip to the US, I ask the immigration officials and they said no travwel restriction on the FM3 but there were some on the FM2.

Craig,

I think there are restrictions on the FM3, but I traveled a lot last year for business and no one ever said anything.  I think they are a bit stricter with the FM2.

Did you hear about the new immigration improvements?  They will be issuing cards instead of the little booklets and will be giving tourists an automatic 180 days.

Thanks.  I talked to an immigration official and they said there was no restrictions. The only thing that they said was you must have your FM3 stamped and return that receipt they give you.  I guess there is a 3 strikes rule for not having your fm3 stamped.

there are no restrictions but you must renew yearly or start over