Any ideas on temporary short term accommodation?

Hi everyone

I am a 62 year old single  guy, non smoker and light drinker who used to live on the Costa Blanca in Alicante province before returning to England for personal family reasons.

My health is not as good as it should be and I definitely benefit from my regular visits back to Spain several times a year. Unfortunately as we all know times are hard and flights and accommodation is not as cheap as it used to be.

I am hoping that some of you out there may have or know someone who has a spare room or small apartment they are prepared to rent out to me for a few days at a time, usually not longer than a week. I have tried the usual rental agents who only seem interested in family holiday lets and it is quite expensive for a single guy like me in hotels and apartments particularly in the summer months.

All I really need is a bed or a room in a central location on or near to the coast and near to public transport as I don't drive. I can provide references and would be happy to negotiate terms and deposits etc. The internet would be a facility I would need.

Ideally somewhere located between Villajoyosa and Altea including the likes of La Cala Finestrat, Benidorm, Albir, Alfaz and other nearby locations.

If any of you have any advice or suggestions I would appreciate your comments. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Hi  grahambenidorm,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Please feel free to post an advert in the Housing in Alicante section, you may also go through the proposal on this section too, it might help.

Thank you,

David.

Thanks for the information, I did place an ad a while ago as suggested but no luck as yet.

Forgive me but what does "you may also go through the proposal on this section too, it might help" mean?

Many thanks

Hi grahambenidorm,

I was suggesting you to check at the adverts already posted in the Housing in Alicante section :)

Thank you,

David.

Hi Graham, a friend of mine got his apartment in Benidorm after booking into a cheap B&B for a little while. The 'old town'( not so touristy but very central)has B&B's without breakfast for a fraction of the cost.

hi, I have a small apartment in Alfaz which I rent out but,because I am a legal resident & it was registered as a 2nd. home which means I get very little as a return for it.However I look on it as an investment for my inheritor.I think you would be better to look at a "pension",there is a good one in my town ,Hotel Moli,if you only want a few nights.I think it difficult for a landlord to say what to charge for utilities,unless he thought to overcharge,for such a short let.Also the authorities are now catching up on those letting out properties on"the black".Why not a package holiday if you are coming from UK?