Where is the best place to live in Alicante for 20-something females?

Hello!

My friend and I are moving to Alicante in April for about 3 months. I'm struggling to find any information on a good neighborhood to live in. We are both female, single, 27 y/o, so we're looking for something safe, but fun! Is there an area in the city that has a large population of people our age? Ideally we would be within walking distance to the beach, restaurants, bars, cafes, shops, etc.

Thanks for your help!

Hi 20 something females asking about good areas for yourselves in Alicante.
My husband and I are old, but we suggest you look at San Vicente de Raspeig which is the Alicante University area and has lots of student accommodation which is reasonably priced and many facilities associated with the Uni which you may enjoy.
However if you're looking for a slightly more sophisticated lifestyle, we suggest San Juan de Alicante which has superb beaches a huge range of apartments and some hotels.
Hope this helps.

Hi
Just seen your message . In my sisters experience the safest and best way is to avoid the bust tourist areas where in summer there are pickpockets and handbag snatchers.You have to beware of males who are interested in much more than romance.
You need a quiet area to be based in, perhaps a studio or apartment away from the coast with easy access to get in every day. Try Guardamar de Segura. Torrevieja or Albir village on the Benidorm side.
Make sure you get your language better..' no molestia deharlo, no interesa' means 'leave us alone we are not interested'.
Do not mention you are alone but with a party of travellers and holidaymakers or even that you live in the country.
Just playing safe..Its common sense to leave your valuables, passports, credit cards, bank cards and currency locked away in a safe place and only take out what you are likely to need on the day.

Have a great time but be on your guard..Take care out there..See you in Espana perhaps sometime..

Tomas

Tomas Alberto Maria Llobete

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Thank you both for the advice! This is very helpful!! We will be careful :)