Moving to chiang mai next month!

Hi there!

My BF and I are moving to chiang mai next month.
I'll have a job waiting for me but he won't.
Just heard that it is quite difficult to find work there so if you have any advise or website to recommend, please feel free to let me know! His primary field of work is hospitality ( he was restaurant manager in Shanghai for 2 years).
He was also part time english teacher for the past few months while studying madarin.

Anyway, we are moving soon and I hope that we can meet young people to hang out with.
Here in shanghai you have so many expatriates that it is really easy to make new friends,...I don't know about chiang mai, yesterday someone just told me that most pple are over 50.
I am 27, almost 28 and my BF is 25, so we are more aiming for the crowd under 50 ;-)

Well we might see you in chiang mai soon, if you have any recommandation or advise on any level, you are welcome to share!

And if anyone like to play poker at home with just some friends and a few beers, please let us know! we are coming with cards decks and chips!

Noemie

HI there,

My name is Chantel and Im from Cape Town, South Africa.
Im moving to Chiang Mai also and my BF has a job but I dont. LOL.
Maybe we can chat and get to know Chiang Mai as I share what I know and you the same?

Hi!

Nice to meet you!

Sure we can share information once we get there!
When are you moving?
Do you already know where you are going to live?

If it is ok to ask, how old are you?

Well I hope we get a chance to meet there!

Noemie

Hi there,

I am 30 and my bf is 36. I have a 2 year old son...

We will probably be living in San Sai Chiang Mai. and you?

It would be great to get to know you guys.

yeah sure!

Don't know where we are gonna live yet but probably somewhere between the airport and the center of chiang mai because I'm gonna work at the airport plazza so I don't want to live too far from there.
We want to find a house with a garden, hope that we will!

see you there!

Noemie

Hello Noemie,

My name is Panadda. I'm currently live in Shenzhen China but will be moving to Chiang Mai in two weeks and also my job is near the airport I might have stay around there. I work in the hospitality industry.I dont know anybody there to spend my free times yet so I am looking to make some friends. I am young, very easygoing, I like to go out sometimes or just go for a movie or for shopping or even just for a walk, and Id like to discover the city as well. so If you are interested in meeting for drinks or hanging out at any point then that would be great.
Thanks
Panadda:)

hey!

yes for sure we can meet there! are you chinese? or do you speak chinese?it would be great to be able to speak mandarin once i am there so i don't forget everything about it!
my bf has worked as a restaurant manager in shanghai and has always worked in restaurants before.i see that you work in the hospitality industry,if u have any tips for him please feel free to share,he will have to find a job there asap. anyway,my bf left shanghai today and i will be leaving in 4days. so let's keep in touch when we are there!

Hey I'm originally Thai but I have been living abroad for a long time.  Yeah I do speak Chinese. I work at InterContinental hotel in Shenzhen but my boss just relocated me to the other intercontinental hotel group in Chiang Mai. Anyway I will check with the hotel there is any restaurant manager available so will let you know. I'm going to Shanghai On June 18th for a business trip so are you still there on that time? if yes so we probably can meet in shanghai before if not let's meet in Chiang Mai. I will be in Chiang Mai the end of this month. Hope to see you in Chiang Mai.
Will be in touch

hey!
i am leaving on the 19th early morning so yes we could meet on the 18th, although i am going to be very busy that last day so if we don't have time to meet i will meet u for sure in chiang mai! thanks for asking to your boss, my boyfriend was also in charge of all the events of the restaurant and worked in high class restaurants back in belgium. he speaks french,english and some chinese.anyway if there is any opportunity please let me know,we are a little bit worried because some pple told us that is was very hard to find a job in chiang mai.
anyway,see u soon then!!

Hi,nice to hear that you guys going to move to Chiang mai,I`m a shanghaiese but living in Chiang mai for 4 years,welcome to the Chiang mai.

I heard its colder in changmai than bangkok proper is it true

Hey :) myself and my boyfriend both 21 are moving to Chiang Mai this October. I'll be doing paid teaching, however my boyfriend does not have a degree so i'm wondering just how hard it will be for him to find work? Even just 1 day a week with very low salary would be fine, just something to keep him busy 1-2 days a week, and also so he wont have to be on a tourist visa.  Thanks guys :)

Hi everyone! Im also moving to chiang mai. Im from France. I look foward to meeting people there.

Just drop me a message if you'ld like! Btw, i used to live in bkk for the past 8 years... And im 31

See you

Hi My name is Tony and my fiancee Juli and I are moving to Chiang Mai after we get married in November/December.  I am 61 nad she is 31 so we are looking for diverse group of friends, WE may or may not work when we get there. BUt we sure do want to hook up with some Expates asap

Hope to meet you all there

Hello ARB51.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Thanks

Karen :)

Hi

I am original Thai and  live in Chiangmai.
Welcome  all to Chiangmai soon and hope we can meet each other here.
Now CM has very nice weather.
I knew many places to eat, drink, relax and any activity.
If you would like any advices for living here. Don''t hesitate to let me know.

Nice to know you guys! ^^

That would be great.

My email address is [email protected].

Send me a mail.

Im learning to speak Thai. but its difficult