Researching Chiang Mai for retirment

I'm 52, single and living on disability after a motorcycle accident. I was a network engineer/IT consultant and part time college professor.
I'm thinking seriously about moving to Chiang Mai. My income more than meets the financial requiremnts. I've heard and read nothing but great things about the place.
Where can I look online that list apartments/condo/townhouse and their Amenities and prices. I read lots of generalizations but where can the specifics be found?
Things I am looking for: 2 bedrooms, kitchen, cable TV, internet, AC, pool, jacuzzi, sauna, exercise room.
are there any health clubs?
I cannot walk long distances so any advice on where to situate myself in the city would be helpful.
what is the used car market like?
Not the least bit interested in working.
relaxation
relaxation
relaxation...
thanks in advance....

Before you decide take a trip and check place out for yourself.

There are always two sides to the coin and what some people like may not be your cup of tea. I for one think its like many other places in the world it has good and bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0AXOjsugK8

You can also give the following site a try (www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/28-chiang-mai-forum/) for detailed info and first hand reports from people living in Chiang Mai.

Hi

Just a few thoughts for you.

Inside the moat would probably be best for you, I think.  Crossing the moat traffic on foot is tedious.  Chiang Mai is a good place for walking around, except that the sidewalks are very rough and badly maintained.  Consider using taxis for occasional transport - it's the most expensive way to travel, but easy to get in & out and still very cheap in comparison with the West - well kept vehicles too.  Good alternative to the more usual Tuk-tuks and Song-theows.

Parking a car inside the city can be difficult - check the parking carefully when considering a place to live.

New or used cars are expensive here (the opposite of accommodation).  The depreciation is much less than in the West, so used cars seem less attractive than they would back home.  A seven-year old high-end 4X4 would have cost me 5 times what it costs in UK !  However, there are plenty of successful Thai people driving new, high-end Mercs and BMWs here.  Popular choices here are Honda Jazz, Honda CRV, Toyota Fortuner (and of course various pick-ups).  Most big car companies have factories in Thailand now.  Normally that is a good thing because cars made here offer best value for money, but one needs to be careful that the car wasn't damaged in storage by the recent floods that did affect car factories.

Most condominiums that ex-pats live in have good pool / gym / sauna.

Hope that helps.

I bought a two-bedrooms Condo. from Jagsaw 2. You can have a look this Condo. after you arrive CM, which is very near the Payap university and the Big C extra supermarket. The Condo. has the gym, swiming pool, sauna, internet, cable TV but no jacuzzi.

I suggest you get in touch with real estates dealers. They will climb the banana tree for you... ;-)
You can also peruse these addresses:

mychiangmaihome.com/

houseinchiangmai.net/House_Rent_list.aspx?min=0&max=1000000

chiangmaihouse.com/category.asp?category=18&list=yes&sub_c=46&page=2

chiangmairealty.com/rent.htm

rentinchiangmai.com/rent-in-chiang-mai/chiang-mai-properties-for-rent/houses-close-to-chiang-mai-town-city028.html