Indian experience in Barcelona

HI everyone

Im University student, and Im making a project about Hindu (Indians)who live in Barcelona,(or Spain). If someone could say me about how His/her life is in Barcelona, (Spain), what his or her experiences are? what differences are between live in India and in Spain? and people in Spain, are friendly or maybe you had some problems? and in general about everything a little, I would be grateful.

Thanks, and hope to have answers.

Hi annnamaria !

Your post has been moved to the Barcelona forum for better visibility.

Regards
Armand

Hey Anna, First of all Thanks for the wonderful topic of your research. One thing Hindu and Indians are not synonymous.....Hindu is a religion in India (approx 81%).
I am an Hindu-Indian and living in Barcelona for 7 months. I am interested to talk with you regarding your project. Lets make a plan for meeting in June 1st week and in between pen down all your question, I am sending my mail address to your inbox and send me those questions to me. So I'll prepare with proper Data.
Again wishing u all the best.
Ary

Dear friend,
If you feel like just visit us at Balmes 21 (near university metro) and we can have a little discussion about the things.
We are a group of Indians and Nepalese people and we own an Indian Restaurant at Balmes 21.
Please note the first difference between India and Europe. The Indians share the food from common bowls picking up as per the need whereas in Europe the people order for a separate plate for each. What one orders is for him and normally it is not shared with the other.

With best regards

Another difference, Indian national game is hockey but people enjoy cricket much more whereas the national game of Spain is "Jealousy". As far as you stay low-profile, they will try to help you but the moment you are at par, they will try to push you down. Its not only for foreigners but between Spanish families as well. The Indians (and the majority of Asian cultures) tend to help each other by sharing the financial and other materialistic resources to launch a business or host any big event but Europeans say "This is STRICTLY mine and that is Strictly yours." In Asia, the son may never talk about the accounts with his mother but in Europe, its very different. Exceptions are always there but we talk in general.

Hi I am from India and live in Barcelona .We have our Ayurvedic spa in Hotel Rey Juan Carlos I If you want you can come over I will tell you everything.My name is Kalpana Negi
I am Barcelona on 30th of this month.
Contact 600720357/933644052
Regards
kalpana

Hi I am from India and live in Barcelona .We have our Ayurvedic spa in Hotel Rey Juan Carlos I If you want you can come over I will tell you everything.My name is Kalpana Negi
I am Barcelona on 30th of this month.
Contact 600720357/933644052
Regards
kalpana

Anjubcn wrote:

Another difference, Indian national game is hockey but people enjoy cricket much more whereas the national game of Spain is "Jealousy". As far as you stay low-profile, they will try to help you but the moment you are at par, they will try to push you down. Its not only for foreigners but between Spanish families as well. The Indians (and the majority of Asian cultures) tend to help each other by sharing the financial and other materialistic resources to launch a business or host any big event but Europeans say "This is STRICTLY mine and that is Strictly yours." In Asia, the son may never talk about the accounts with his mother but in Europe, its very different. Exceptions are always there but we talk in general.

A bit harsh I think.. Such people exist everywhere, not just in Spain.

Hello,

Are you from India and still in Spain?. I will shortly relocate to Barcelona Spian and looking for indian community details. like Indian colony where i can take rental home, Hindu Forum/Marathi mandal like this.

May I kindly ask you support to get these answers?

Thanks