VISA formalities

Hello Forum,
I got a job in Dubai.

Job

1/ What should be the next step?
2/ What are the precautions I should take while understanding the job offer?

VISA

1/ What kind of a VISA will i be requiring?
2/ What is the paper work I need to complete before going there?
3/ How and where do I apply for VISA formalities?
4/ What all Should I be asking my employer as documents to finish   the paperwork?
5/ Any other precautions for hassle free immigration?

Parent & spouse

I need to take my family along.

1/what kind of VISA will my wife (wants to work in Dubai )and mum (She is around 65 years old) be requiring?
2/ Any other precautions for their hassle free immigration?

Lots of questions. Sorry !!!

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Just some answers to help you and evaluate if this job offer is serious or not:

JOB

You had surely an interview, trough email/skype videocall; it depends also in what kinda position/role/company we are talking about the development of your hiring.
If a low position (i mean waiter - accountant in a large place - kitchen helper and similar), maybe your CV and previous experiences are enough to be hired in a short time.
Surely big company or multinational will screen your previous jobs asking for references to check (trough email - phone numbers).
Certain requests coming from your employer are symptom of reliability!!
If your hiring has been faster and easier than expected, better distrust!!!

Regarding your contract, must to be necessary you to find the following entries:
X weekly hours and days of work
X accomodation provided, with related bills (better if indicate how many people per room to share, i know boys living in 14 into the same small room!!!)
X meals provided, at least during your shift
X PH (public holidays) paid otherwise to be attached to your annual leave
X annual leave must to be 30 days after 12 months of work
X fly ticket provided from and to the point of hiring, meaning the airport from which you leave your contry(1 per year for high positions, 1 after 2 years low position - just in case better to be mentioned the company will pay half of your ticket after 12 months)
X fly ticket provided to reach Dubai first time,  from your point of hiring
X probationary period to be mentioned, after wich your contract become "open" (means indefinitely and must to be mentioned also your notice period, compulsory for both employer and employee)
X must to be specified your role, department and tasks/duties
X must to be mentioned your net salary per month and in case of hotel/restaurant waiter how about the tips

Please note that:
if you have been hired trough any job agency, you will be entitled to refound entire bills related to agency fees, VISA, fly ticket, medicals etc, if resigning before the end of your probationary period. It is also common the company mentioning a "reducing scale", which will be zero to refound after 12 months of work. After 6 months, to give you an example, you will pay half of these bills if resigning.
Pay attention, your passport will be in Human Resourse office. Not paying means to be not able to leave the country or move to another workplace!! Keep with you a clear copy of your passport main pages, then in case of trouble, danger, unfaithful behaviours you might go to your embassy and tell your passport has been stole or lost, to leave the country.
Anyhow you MUST NOT to pay any fees from your pocket, to company, government, agency etc.

If a private company, i want suggest you to check surfing on the net any info in regard. If any friend of yours in Dubai, ask to make a site survey. The best it might be you to come Dubai and check yourself......

VISA

Your company will provide you resident/work VISA. You just need to give them any papers they are asking for (usually passport copy, photo with white background, school certificate). No 1 dollar must to be paid by you to anybody in advance. You will be charged starting from your first salary in regard your emirates ID only, around 300 dirhams, diluted in 3/6 month of salary deductions.
You will wait around 3 weeks for CID clearance and again 3/7 days to your VISA to be ready.

PARENTS & CO

I strongly recommend you to come first in Dubai and check-test-to have knowledges about Dubai.
If your contract is "single status", you will be entitled to pay any kind of fees to let your parents come inside the country. It is also assumed, for Schengen people coming in UAE no additional fees and pre-requierements to apply VISA needed (visitor VISA 30 days validity will be stamp once at the airport). Vice versa, especially for asian area people, is quiet different but not impossible.
Keep also in mind, to bring in Dubai your spouse, searching for a job, will cost you up to 4K dirhams per month!!! And finding a job in Dubai is not immediate, fast and easy as in fable.....

Hope i didn't forget anything.

Good luck

M

Precautions are same as you would take with any prospective employer.  Do a background check, get some references.  Companies that typically squeeze their employees (there are plenty of them in the Middle East), expect them to work long hours, poor pay and benefits etc - stay away from such companies.  If you are satisfied, you can take up the job.  Visa will be processed by your employer, all you need is a valid passport (min validity 6 months on date of your residence visa stamp, to be on the safe side).  You will need the originals of your educational qualification certificates, photos.  In some cases medical exam may be needed in India also, your employer will advise you.  Make sure you get a written Contract first, and the Labour contract document in due course, but asap - you will need this to apply family visa.
No problem at immigration when you have a valid visa + passport.  You can sponsor your family (subject to certain minimum wages) but usually this is after your residence visa is stamped, and you have rented a house in your name (Tenancy Contract needed for family visa).  Now they have introduced a new clause called 3 months Bank Statement needed for family visa, so it is likely you may not be able to get your family until 3 months after you open a Bank Account, which in turn requires your residency visa, which in turn can take anywhere from 2 days to a month - much depends on the support you get from your employer and the PRO (who handles immigration related work).
Hope this helps

Thanks a lot for the reply. Is there a way I can get my mum and wife along with me immediately , as we have no one here where they could stay.We all have to go together.Please advice a solution ,I will be obliged.
Regards.

Alok1804 wrote:

Thanks a lot for the reply. Is there a way I can get my mum and wife along with me immediately , as we have no one here where they could stay.We all have to go together.Please advice a solution ,I will be obliged.
Regards.

No way my friend! You can only enter in UAE with a written contract or alternatively you will be hired in "marital status" instead of "single status", extended also to your mum.
U have to ask your company in regard

manuelzest wrote:

No way my friend! You can only enter in UAE with a written contract or alternatively you will be hired in "marital status" instead of "single status", extended also to your mum.

Thanks for the reply again I am a bit confused.Do you mean I need to request my employer to draft my contract mentioning my marital status as"married".So I can include my wife and also my my mum as a dependent and take them along.I will look forward to a solution.
Regards

Alok1804 wrote:
manuelzest wrote:

Thanks for the reply again I am a bit confused.Do you mean I need to request my employer to draft my contract mentioning my marital status as"married".So I can include my wife and also my my mum as a dependent and take them along.I will look forward to a solution.
Regards

yeah! A marital status contract will allow you to "put" in your visa a wife (dunno about mother, if any child surely yes).
Again, sometimes the employer will change mind once informed you are not in single status, choosing someone else to hire, single.
My suggestion is not to push or force anymore, just politely explain clearly your exigencies

In some special cases, the Employer can apply for a visit visa for your wife and mother.  See if you can convince them to do it.  In that case you can all travel together; then you expedite your process of your residence visa stamping, so that your family visit visas could be converted to residence.
'Married' status has to do with your package with your employer.  Of course you need your marriage certificate, among other things, for applying a residence visa for your wife.