Sole custody and noc letter

Hi, i am writing this post in the hopes of have an answer if someone knows or had similar situation. I am a single mother , with sole custody for my son 9 years old, in apropiate future i am going to marry a man from uk that is resident in uae , I have read that if we move there , in order to sponsor my son with visa, or my future husband to sponsor with visa my son, even if I have a sole custody ( exclusive custody ) I still need a noc letter from biological father of my son. How does that work, I don't understand, as soon the sole custody give me the exclusive full rights to take all decision for my son why do I still need the noc letter? That is what the sole custody is for, to be able to take decisions without father's agreement. The father doesn't visit, doesn't call, doesn't send child support and of course after I asked for noc letter doesn't agree either.  Am I missing something? Please , if someone knows to make it clear for me.

Hello Giany, apart from standard documentations,you will require a verdict of Court or Certificate from Local Authority or Affidavit from your Consulate. If the certificate is  issued from your home country, it should be attested by UAE Embassy in home country, department of state and the Foreign Affairs in UAE.This is a lengthy process,so if you are planning to move in anytime soon,you had rather start it ASAP.

Thank you for your replay, my quescion is, if after all this i still need noc letter since I have a sole custody?

If you have court documents proving sole custody (and translated into English or Arabic) which have been attested by your ministry of foreign affairs and then by the UAE embassy in your home country (finally by MOFA in UAE) then you will not need an NOC letter.  The NOC is needed when custody cannot be established.

Thank you very much for replay !