Manufacturing Leather Bags, Suitecases in Santiago, Dominican Republic

Hello, I am Roh.. new to the forum. I would like to find out the possibility of locating a good skilled leather craftsman from Santiago, Dominican Republic. I know DR has full grain leather and tanneries in Santiago area. I would like to go there and set up a small business, mainly to manufacture leather bags, suite-cases etc for exports. Please provide your ideas around my new venture since I have never been to this country before and I speak very little Spanish.

Thanks
Roh

Hi Roh!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

Hey Roh,

Hi I am Pragya. I am actually not giving solution to your query but asking a friendly favor. Wish you all the very best in your plans. I being a graduate from National Institute Of Fashion Technology, majors in Leather...would love to have the opportunity to work with you once you are set. :)

I am a Leather Designer from India and looking to relocate to Santiago, DR

Wish you all the very best.

Best regards
Pragya

Welcome to the forum, I am sorry I can't be of a lot of help., but I am sure others will step in!

Sorry can't help but good luck in your search. Let us know if  you need other information

Bob K

hi,

in case you wish to extend your range of materials, caiman and crocodile available from colombia
exotikaleather.com/ and from Brazil [ with CITES documents ].

Have you found a craftman in DR?

i am a manufacturer of leather items, i live in Jamaica an speak Spanish, you thing can we do business?

Hi dear
i'm interest in leather bags and men and lady's leather vest.
I will lok forward with information
regards
Riaz