The student life in Aarhus

Hi everybody ! I introduce myself: I'm Kenzo and I'm 18 years, I'm living in Belgium and I would like to go to Aarhus in 2 years to study Proffesion interpreter. I speak English and I improve as far as I can but I don't speak Danish, nothing ! But this summer I'm going to take the 'Assimil Danish' and then: take a teacher. So here my questions:

1. I read about the cost of living in Copenhague but I don't find the cost of living in Aarhus and I think (hope) that there is a difference ! So could you advise me about that ? (I would alone but I hope find a roomate or why not a kot... what is the price about a kot ?)

2. On the Aarhus site, lessons are not good explain, but I think that there is a branch to become interpreter, Am I right ? If not, where can I find it ?

3. What is the wage of an interpreter ? Is it easy to find this job ?

It's okay for the moment, Thanks for your aid !

Kenzo

Hi Kenzo!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

Hi Armand ! Thx you !

It's Shame that no one has yet answered...

Hey,

I will give you some quick answers to your questions:

1. The price of living will be very similar to CPH here in Aarhus! It all depends on what area of the town you are wanting to live in. Renting a room will vary from 2500 to 5000+ the hardest part is finding one. Join some Facebook groups to have a look out for places to rent or join boligportal.dk

2. WHat lessons were you referring to? To learn Danish?

3. Jobs in general for non Danes can be quite difficult to find due to the demand from both Danish as well as foreigners. I have been here for nearly 3 years now and have been in a job for most of that time while here. But I have heard and got friends of friends who have had no success!

Hi,

Your answers helps me really ! Thanks you !

About the lessons, I meant learn english, an Danish but In my opinion I must choose 3 languages so English for first language and then Danish and French. All that to become interpreter, you think it's possible ?

And if you know how can I search a room on the campus... :-) Thanks