23 year old girl in aarhus!

Hi!!!
I'm gonna be moving to Højbjerg, Aarhus in the beginning of January 2012.
I'll be taking Danish lessons where I'll hopefully get to meet lots of New people. Does anyone have any advice for me?

Welcome to Expat.com Merett!

Advice on what specifically?;)

Harmonie.

Hi Merett,

I'm also moving to Aarhus at the start of January! I am going across with my partner who has just been given a post-doctorate job at the University there. Not sure exactly where as struggling to find a place to live so last minute.

I think I'll also be taking Danish lessons.

Would love to hear back from you and maybe we can share any advice we have come across.

Sarah

Hey Girls! I would love to meet up with you when you move here. I moved here with my husband who is doing a Phd at Aarhus University. Have been here for about 10 months now so might be able to give some advice on things :)
Hope you have managed to find a place to live, Sarah. It's not an easy thing to do here!

Let me know if you wanna meet up! PM me.

Beccy

Hey Merett!

I'm also in the process of moving to Aarhus to follow a boyfriend! I have found it a really difficult transition after travelling pretty intensely over the past nine months... and of course not being able to speak Danish!

how are you going with finding a job? I am seriously struggling so any advice you can give me on some places to look would be GREAT!!!!

Otherwise, I would love to meet up for some wine / beer / alcoholic beverage sometime!

Lucy

Hey girls, are you taking class at laerdansk here in Aarhus?  There's a new session beginning at the end of February. 
I also live in Aarhus and go to Aarhus University.

Hope you all are enjoying Denmark so far :):)

Hello! I'm new here in Arhus. Will also take up the language class. Hoping to meet you guys. :)

Hi Lucy - How are you? Have you arrived here in Aarhus yet?

Thanks for the advice dkliving - no I haven't started Danish classes yet but I know Merett and BeccyG have and they really enjoy them :) What do you study at the University?

Hi Pao88 - Welcome to Aarhus! :) Are you studying here?

Sarah

Hello! Im an aupair to an old couple here in Arhus. Maybe next week I could start my Danish lessons.. :)

Hey girls !
IŽm not new in Aarhus but I'm from mexico and I moved to DK in 1998 when I was 10, (I'm now 23)I speak danish and I study at Aarhus University.
When I came here I was so glad to find some friends that already speaked danish and they helped me a lot also because the were from all over the world and they helped me mentally when I missed everything at home.
Is someone up for meeting and sharing experiences and maybe I can help with some homework :)?

I hope so ! I'm looking forward to hearing from you all ! Please mail me at [email protected] or write me a text on my phone at 42617464 !

Have a great day !
Natalia

Hi Merett, do you still live in Aarhus? Im from Holland and live in Aarhus since 3 months now..

Well you would be eligable to study for free like Danes if you can find a course at university that interests you - perhaps part-time?

I know refugees can take Danish classes, but not sure where, but I suggest you send an email to the city council in Aarhus to ask them if they are open for all foreigners, or if they have any suggestions.

In Danish it's called Aarhus Kommune, just find their website and send them an email

You mentioned that you have heard that Aarhus is Denmark's youngest city - I think this has to do with the fact there are many students in Aarhus.
If I am not wrong then Aarhus is also slightly left wing politically,perhaps because of the large student population, which is good because they dont dont find as many bigots/racists

Merett wrote:

Hi!!!
I'm gonna be moving to Højbjerg, Aarhus in the beginning of January 2012.
I'll be taking Danish lessons where I'll hopefully get to meet lots of New people. Does anyone have any advice for me?

[Moderated: pls note that Expat.com is not a dating website]