Costings UK to Bahrain

I seem to be posting a lot over the last 24hrs, you are all very helpful individuals.

Another couple of questions of help me if possible.

1.  Has anyone got any rough costing to hire removals to bring my items over from the UK- I know this is a like asking how long a piece of string is, however all I require is a very rough costing, based possibly on your own circumstances.

2. I have a Dalmatian dog that is 3 yrs old, I have read the post on importing animals which is very helpful, however again, I was wondering what a rough cost for this would be. Injections I understand are as per vet prices so again maybe rough cost on your own circumstances.

Any help or assistance would be greatly received in this very very stressful moment of mu life. 

I cant wait to get to get to Bahrain, if the offer of employment is as it should be this next week or so.

Look forward to meeting some of you in the not so distant future.

The dog info you will get if you contact the two companies I listed in the post. With flights etc it will be about £1, 000 - £1, 250

Can't help with the cost of moving furniture etc, is your company offering to pay for this as part of your package? Many people just rent fully furnished accommodation here like we did rather than ship furniture over but if your company is going to pay for it then why not. They may be able to recommend a moving company.

boltonboy wrote:

I seem to be posting a lot over the last 24hrs, you are all very helpful individuals.

Another couple of questions of help me if possible.

1.  Has anyone got any rough costing to hire removals to bring my items over from the UK- I know this is a like asking how long a piece of string is, however all I require is a very rough costing, based possibly on your own circumstances.

2. I have a Dalmatian dog that is 3 yrs old, I have read the post on importing animals which is very helpful, however again, I was wondering what a rough cost for this would be. Injections I understand are as per vet prices so again maybe rough cost on your own circumstances.

Any help or assistance would be greatly received in this very very stressful moment of mu life. 

I cant wait to get to get to Bahrain, if the offer of employment is as it should be this next week or so.

Look forward to meeting some of you in the not so distant future.

Hi Again,

1.  It will all depend on what you bring with you and how big your container is.  We brought 3 or 4 items of furniture I couldnt bear to part with; some personal items and all of my 3 boys toys, computers etc - I recall it was about £2000 door to door but I will check again.  We used a company that shrink wrapped everything so it was smaller.  If your company is paying for your shipping I would recommend you bring as much as possible - furniture, bedding etc out here are very expensive and frankly most of it is awful.  It will of course depend upon the villa/apartment you choose to live in.  If you are coming out for an interview it may be worth visiting some properties in the area you want to live in and getting an idea of size, price, furnished , unfurnished etc.

2.  We have a chocolate labrador.  It cost us just short of £2000 to get her here.  That included her vaccinations, all vet papers, boarding in the UK for 3 weeks (because we were waiting for her last rabies injection to be ready and I didnt want her here until we had settled properly into our new home), her crate, shipping on the airline (BA on a day flight) and paying the agent here to bring her in and deliver her to us.  I imagine your dog is pretty much the same size as ours and it does depend on their size.

Hope that helps.  It is stressful but we have all been through it and survived and can give you as much help as you need.

Good luck :)

Hi

Me my wife and four children have recently moved to Bahrain from Glasgow and used a company called Doreen Bonner and we shipped a 20 foot container, the company came and wrapped and packed everything we could fit in and then delivered to our new home, unpacked and then built everything and removed all packaging etc, the cost came in at £3300, this included insurance and all fees, I would definitely recommend them as everything went with out a hitch, the company which they used in Bahrain to deliver to me was called GAC and I asked them if they arranged shipping from other countries and they do, so this could give you another option.

It depends on what package your company are offering as furniture can be really expensive by the time you buy everything you need but remember there are some great compounds that offer fully furnished also so it depends on what your circumstances are.

If I can be of anymore help then just ask.

Leo

We used GAC here in Dubai for our delivery - smooth as glass.  They're also going to be doing our shipment to Bahrain shortly - we expect the same level of excellent service we've experienced in the past.

Please bear in mind that if you are single you might be better off renting a fully furnished flat. Most flats come fully furnished and the furnishing is not old. However if your company is paying for the move and/or you have a big family, you might be better off sending your stuff over here. I have used Excess Baggage for shipping some of my stuff and they have been helpful.