Advice on where to live in Alicante city

Hi everyone! I'm a 20 year old student with a 15 month old son planning on going on an Erasmus to alicante in August. Would anyone have any advice on where to live? I would like to live in the city within walking distance of the beach, supermarkets and bus stops. Any tips on the cost of rent, bills etc what to look out for would be great. Also I would love to make friends with other natives or parents or anyone really! :) thanks!

Hi,

I'm looking to move to a similar area..I think its a similar area my spanish geographical knowledge isnt a strong point...yet! ;-)

Im doing a bit of a recce for two weeks atm to find somewhere to live. Im in torremolinos just outsode malaga. People are friendly, met j made some friends already, youve a lot f beaches and a large city which y can fnd somewhere to rent for 400 to 600 euro depending on view size etc. Im thinking of going slightly further out because im told less tourist, cheaper etc..wwhat are you looking for as an area a tourist place with expats or more local?

Sincerepy,

John

Hi!

Lol, I've been to Malaga a few times, it's a nice area. Ill be moving to Alicante so I don't have much of a choice as ill be studying there. As far as I know, Alicante is more touristy etc but I'd like to get to know locals, I want to improve my Spanish and not immerse myself with the tourists. Saying that, I wouldn't mind a few friends either that speak English or another language. I'm hoping alicante will be cheaper than that, from what Ive seen already I could probably get a flat for 300 ish. Idealista.com is great for finding accomodation. My worry would be the bills each month.

Are you moving to study or to work hopefully or just relax?lol

Leanne

Hiya,

You'll be taking the year with uni to work abroad? My ex is from Ireland, near Limerick so I'm familiar with your education system a bit more, its different to England. ..she spent her time in Madrid and loved the experience so im sure you will too :-)

Im pretty much the same with looking to meet ppl n learn spanish. Im over to relax, work and see how it goes tbh....just winging it, thanks for the link I'll have a look at it for somewhere to live :-) are you going with any other friends from uni or by yourself?, I think my ex taught English. ..what are you studying? Think youll be ok with bill's  believe its much more expensive to live in Ireland,  I went over a few times n anything going oit was much more than the same in spain so hopefully bills wont be too bad :-)

Sincerely,

John

Well I'm going on an Erasmus. It prob won't be worth my money working as my son is coming and ill need to pay for crèche. I've a friend going to Madrid. There's about ten of us going to alicante but I'm not friendly with them yet. My experience will be a bit diff too and I've a lot more planning to do.

I'm studying Spanish and sociology but might not take sociology modules over there. Are you studying when you're at home? I've heard their bills are like 80-120 a month on top of rent. I'm still living at home here so I don't worry much about bills lol. It's all ahead of me now I guess.

Leanne