Office in rosenkrantz - where to live? How to travel?

Hi there

I am a swiss guy moving up soon to norway to work in oslo.
The office will be in rosenkrantz and i am wondering where its best to live.
And how its best to trave in the city... Car or public transport?

Many thanks for all the tipps :)

Ben Jamin

Hello Ben Jamin,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Do not hesitate to view other threads on the forum as well.

All the best,
Christine
Expat.com team

Hello,

I can't imagine moving from Switzerland to Norway. Switzerland is such a great country. If you want to look at apartment listings, you can use the website www.finn.no. It lists all sorts of different things for sale, as well as housing and jobs.

Public transport in Oslo is pretty good, and parking can be a problem. Most people therefore use public transport. Of course, it's not as good or cheap as in Switzerland, but it's pretty good all the same. Cars are also incredibly expensive, so if you can get by without one, it's probably best to. You can get an annual ticket for all the public transport in Oslo for about 6000 NOK per year. You can also get monthly or weekly passes. That will cover the metro, trams, buses and boats.

David

Hi David

Thank you so much for your fast answer. Even you live in Switzerland its good to leave the country from time to time. Now I have a very tempting and challenging job offer in oslo. No better reason to leave my country.
And go back home to lovely Switzerland - I can do at anytime :)

Are you from Oslo or Expat living in Oslo?

Hello,

I agree that it is nice to spend some time living abroad. Switzerland is one of my favourite countries though. I have some friends there who I visit quite often.

I'm an expat living in Oslo. I'm from Scotland originally, then I moved to Haugesund on the west coast of Norway where I lived for 4 years, and I have been living in Oslo for just over a year now. In my experience, the working conditions in Norway are excellent. There are a certain things which annoy me about living in Norway, but I'm still here, so I suppose they can't be that bad.

David