How to get my 19 years old daughter to norway

hi just want to know if i can bring my 19 years old to norway since i have a spouse passport now to norway hope you can give me advice regarding on that matter

Hello grace08,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Your post was moved on the Norway forum for better visibility.

Cheers,

Hasnaa

Since she is over 18, the best way is to get her a student visa. If she wishes to study here, that is.

how much the show money for the student visa going in Norway and what should i do so my 19 year old can come together with me

if student visa i will do to my 19 year old daughter what should i prepared on her and how much the show money so she can go with me going to Norway???

What kind of education does she have?

Hi,
She just can marry a European guy!!!!

georgios siozos wrote:

Hi,
She just can marry a European guy!!!!

Even that is no guarantee that you will be able to settle in Norway! I'm in a group for Americans in Norway that is full of people having problems immigrating on spouse visas.

probably... you r right!!

:)

she is now 2nd year irregular taking up political science here in University of Mindanao.....i am to worried now because i do not want her were left here in Philippines and i want my daughter  go with me in Norway soon also if i grant my visa hope you can give me some advice thank.....

grace

Grace, you are probably going to have to leave her behind for awhile. She has to apply for a school first. Student visa are given to those who has been accepted in school. I suggest that she applies in Videregåendeskole. It will also get her the chance to learn the language.

Here are the requirements:
Requirements of the student

You must pay an application fee.
You must have received an offer of admission to an upper secondary school.
You must have enough money to live on.
You must have somewhere to live.
The circumstances in your home country must indicate that it is likely that you can return home when you have completed school.
Requirements relating to the school

The school must meet one of the following requirements:

The school must have an exchange agreement via the county authority or a non-profit organisation.
The school must be an IB (International Baccalaureate) school or offer an IB study programme.
The school must either be the Norwegian College of Elite Sport, Barratt Due Institute of Music, or the Bårdar Academy.

thanks Anna for the information you give on me .....so nothing i can do on my daughter now....what about au pair vi sa ????as a mother so hard that children will be left but i have to try maybe another option,..if still them i do not have nothing to do is leave her for a while

hi grace..

seeing that this is an old post, it may not be relevant now..

however,  i would like to share this anyways,  for those who seek the same process for their children over 18 years old. based on the UDI site,  children over 18 years of age can still be immigrated to norway thru family immigration:
Family Immigration for children over 18 years old

as an applicant,  she must meet one of the following requirements:

- You must be between the ages of 18 and 21, not have a spouse or cohabitant, and have previously held a residence permit in Norway for several years.
- Your parents and all your siblings live in or are going to move to Norway. You are living with your parents, they support you, and you are not married or a cohabitant. Nor have you established an independent life outside the home through work or studies.
- You have serious health problems. Your parents must be the only ones who can give you personal care.

as filipinos,  we are used to having our kids around until they are done with college.. i understand how much u wanted to be with your daughter.. however,  since norway is a country with a culture where their kids move-out to live independently at the age of 16-18, i dunno what the chances are for this kind of permit to be granted..  i wish you all the best.. :)