Questions about Bodo

Hello everybody!

I have been accepted in University of Bodo, so unless something very unexpected happens (:o), that's where I'll be from this August on!

My sister and I are inseparable and we're going together. Can anyone inform me about accommodation specifically in Bodo? How difficult is it to rent an apartment as a foreigner, what kind of prices are we talking about, etc? The sites about renting that are listed in Expat are all in Norwegian only. :/

Also, my sister is an actor and a director. What is theater like in Norway and in Bodo? Are there theaters or other venues you can rent to have a performance (this is how it's usually done in my country)? Would you think performances in foreign languages (English or even Greek) would be possible?

And are there dance, music, drama schools?

I have researched as much as I can, but internet can only get you so far!! I can't find much about this city in English...

Anything you know about Bodo would be very very helpful! I still have a few months for preparations, but I'm not going to lie to you: I'm completely freaked out. Panicked. Terrified. I'll probably have a heart attack or an ulcer sometime next week! :D

Tania

Hi Tania,

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope other members will be able to help you.

(you may start a new topic for each questions on the Norway forum for better visibility.)

I wish you good luck
Christine

Hi Christine!

Thank you for both the welcome and the advice! :)