Newcomer

Hi, my name is Josefa and I am from Spain. I am currently working for the EU in Kosovo and am considering moving to Lybia for work reasons with my daughter who will be five in May.
I would like to have some information as to what the infrastructure in reference to health (hospitals available) and education are in Lybia.
I have done some research on internet yet would like to have a first hand "honest and realistic" opinions from people who are living there in regards to the safety of moving there with my  5 year old child.
What options exist as to accommodation and which English speaking schools are the best. Also is the daily commuting from house-school-work safe, or are there limitations which one would need to consider?
I hope my questions do not sound too naive , but I am looking to get an idea of what daily life would be like.
Rgds,
Josefa

Hi Josefa,

I worked in Libya since 2009 till june 2013 Libya is the cheapest country in world wide in cost living and weather is amzazing and not hot e and dry like gulf area and location is near Eruoep and Africa but about security it not safe like in qadafi peroiod coz all libyan armed about outing ibya not outing city about libyan most of them are nervous and rude but some of them are good and polite and they like relationships especially with eruopeans but really i love it tripoli so try to go alone then u can bring ur kid it better for u .

Thank you for the advice. Rgds, Josefa

The atmosphere in Tripoli is quite friendly. Though rude kids driving around town with guns hidden in their cars. Westerners are trickling back into the country. A slight improvement in security, just avoid night outs. I m an English teacher here and there are lots of English schools in Libya now.It's gradually getting better.

hi Josefa
hospitals like
libyan swiss medical center
facebook.com/ItLbmc
school
1Phillipino Community school at Janzour
2The British School in Gargaresh and International
3American Libyan International School - In Gargarsh - 091 8348323

please let me know if you need any help

Thank you both for advise and Info , how do you get around in Trípoli ?

mactonto wrote:

The atmosphere in Tripoli is quite friendly. Though rude kids driving around town with guns hidden in their cars. Westerners are trickling back into the country. A slight improvement in security, just avoid night outs. I m an English teacher here and there are lots of English schools in Libya now.It's gradually getting better.

Hi do you know by any chance whether the british school is opened/ will be opened this summer. I know there is a few international school, but are there any expats children there.

Many thanks.