Quality of life for family and pet dog?

Hi Guys
Looking to draw on your experiences out there to help making a decision on relocation options. What is the quality of life likely to be for a British Ex Pat life style. I have two boys aged 10 and 12 who would attend an International School. They are currently into their sports and I am concerned how they would adjust at the change from London, any thoughts ? Also how are dogs perceived ? Are they accepted, are there places to exercise them ? And last but not least - my wife :) she works as a midwife in the UK but I don't think that would be possible in Jakarta ?

Any thoughts or info would be greatly appreciated.

Paul.

Paul,

All depends on your salary and what benefits your employer offers. Your visas will be dependent on your employer as well. There are international schools for expat children. Its hot here. Lots of basketball, football, tennis in fact all sports played here. The pollution is terrible, traffic even worse. The food is from all around the world so it will make it easier for the children to adjust.
Internet is slow, premier league is free to watch on TV and there are a lot of channels from the west on cable TV.
Muslims are not so keen on dogs and some Indonesians eat them.

You would need to research how to bring a pet into the country but I am certain the vet bills will be far higher here than in England as there do not seem to be many of them around.

Jakarta is a great place for a family if you can adjust to it. Weekends away, the vast assortment of islands and things to do on them is endless.

Thanks for the prompt response, that's encouraging to hear. Salary and package should be good so not too many concerns there.  I've heard the traffic is crazy. Is the pollution you refer to air quality also ? Are there open spaces to exercise dogs ?

Air, Water, Noise all bad. Traffic is beyond crazy most of the time but with all things you get used to it, you may not like it but thats part of living here.
As for open spaces, no not really. There are limited green spaces and dogs being walked are not seen there. From what I have seen, dogs are walked around the housing complexes around sun up when it is cool and perhaps at night. Some are wrapped up and put in prams and taken to shopping malls. Most are just locked in the house and kept in an ac room all day. Perhaps walked once a week.