Does age matter?

Surely, age doesn't matter
But how come it seems to be more acceptable for a woman to have  a 10 years  older partner than her having a 10 years younger fella?
..is this just a classic example of stereotyping? that it is okay for a man to have a younger lover but not okay for a woman to have a younger beau...

Age matters.  Try getting a 10-year-old into a bar.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

surely its totally different issue =)

Hi charry,

Really I think it's all about how you feel about it. and at what age your talking about. It's different when your in your 40's and you date someone 10yrs younger than you.  then being in your 20's and dating someone 10yrs younger.  if your both mature adults then I think it's perfetly fine. My husband is much younger than I am. and everyone I know or come across seems to be just fine with it.

no, age doesnt matter, if you know the person from heart and you have genuin feeling for her........love and relation always remain through heart......

Age does not matter as long as they mutually accepts and understand each other.  For like minded, their choice of living a life will be blissful one.:)

Life offers many avenues for happiness and fulfillment. Single people are often very happy and couples...well look at the stats!

Age does matter for women regarding the natural order of things. At 65, I'm still capable of being a father to a fertile woman.

However, younger men sometimes like older women but it doesn't typically last as can the older man with younger women.

As a recompense, women live seven years longer.

God bless us all!

From a psychological point of view, an older man is attractive as he is more likely to offer a woman the resources to look after and bring up children. A younger woman is more attractive to a woman because she, strictly from a biological point of view, is likely to be more fertile and be able to give the man many children. I know this is simplistic, but this is a psychological/biological perspective.

No age does not matter.

However a high net worth does help. ;)

Age matters most when you're not satisfied with your own.

Depends on the age difference ..  a man of say 25 is with a women of 65 !!! what does this lead to ? So in many cases age can be a problem ..Never have rose tinted glasses on .

elimay wrote:

..  a man of say 25 is with a women of 65 !!! what does this lead to ?

Lots of sex without pregnancy.

it's true

most depend of person

A heart wants what a heart wants younger or older it doesnt matter

Age has to matter.  Why else do we put so many candles on birthday cakes?

Most women I have dated have been much younger than me.  But they have all been more mature than me. :)

Who cares about age, just be happy.

griziki wrote:

A heart wants what a heart wants younger or older it doesnt matter

I agree with you "only" if the case is a "love story", however, this is not the case most of the time and this is why age matters.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

In Asia perfectly normal. In Laos they work in the bar....

elimay wrote:

Depends on the age difference ..  a man of say 25 is with a women of 65 !!! what does this lead to ? So in many cases age can be a problem ..Never have rose tinted glasses on .

Man 50 with woman 20 can have many babies and man prob can support the woman as built up wealth.

Other way round man runs on after a while as wants babies.

That is why in India/Asia a 20 year gap is perfectly normal! Indeed seen as healthy by many.

For love and friendship; race, nationality, religion, and age has no significance because friendship is the mutual understanding while love is the chemistry between two hearts. So, I think there should be no issue if a younger man love or marry an older woman or an older age woman like to marry younger man then there is no problem.
As I said it is totally depends on the mutual understanding and level of understanding to each other. My aunt is 15 years older than me but I have a very good friendship with her, I like conversations and chat with her I always try to seek her company but she is already happily married to my uncle and she is having her kids family. If she would not be married then she and I would have no objection to marry each other as well.
In my opinion, if any woman really loves me whether she is 20 years older in age than me I will surely marry to her. I am seeking an older woman age between 30 – 45 years who can marry me. If any woman interested in me, please feel free to contact me I am yet unmarried.

Yup, I totally agree that age doesn't matter.... if there is a synchronization between minds....

I think For you age is not matter but age is matter when the other meet with your partner. If you are sincere with your partner than age is not important relation and love is important.For a attractive couple age is matter.

Hi...

For some people age does matter. Here age is defined as physical age where which are noticeable. That's why I think people see and 'judge' the difference is quite strong if you have a much older partner.

But for me (and others I'm sure), age doesn't really matter. If you do love someone and are comfortable having him/her as a partner, appearance doesn't really matter (as long as he/she is not that ugly! they even say love makes us blind hahaha :P)
It is the psychological age which matters. The way he/she thinks, behaves and socializes with others (family, friends, society) that makes them lovable.
What I am trying to say is, we fall in love with the soul not only the appearance ;)

age does matter i think ... especially for women... when we reach certain age for the menopause and cant be pregnant for example...

good idea, of course love matters, age doesn't matter but a believe if age not exceed more than 10 years of man of girls but the reverse one is fine.

charryC wrote:

Surely, age doesn't matter
But how come it seems to be more acceptable for a woman to have  a 10 years  older partner than her having a 10 years younger fella?
..is this just a classic example of stereotyping? that it is okay for a man to have a younger lover but not okay for a woman to have a younger beau...

My wife is 15 years younger than me.
Luckily, I'm not 25, or I'd get arrested.

mas fred wrote:

My wife is 15 years younger than me.
Luckily, I'm not 25, or I'd get arrested.

When you hit 80, it doesn't matter anymore.

The age difference only seems to matter to others not to the couple.
My wife is 25 years younger than me and it has never mattered to us.

This would have been a problem if it was let's say 30 year back. Since then mankind has come a long way into accepting all kinds of relationships. As long as the couple is happy....who are we to judge.... :)

30 years ago, half of these men's wives weren't born yet.

shinning_like_me wrote:

thats true and indeed an older woman with young man would rather start caring for him than loving him in the real sense and also the natural or stereotype way of older man and younger woman is the best as woman are more matured compared to men than you see it makes the right couple, but for few the initial love where no age is considered is like a dreamland but as time passes away all goes gray.

But some guys prefer older women.. And i hate gray ..

Melwin15 wrote:

What will you do when YOU turning into gray?

Primadonna wrote:
Melwin15 wrote:

What will you do when YOU turning into gray?

Simply, will be saying "i hate my self" :lol::lol::lol:

I often wonder that too. If a woman does it, she s looked down on. But a man can date someone ten twenty years younger than them and nothing is said. i just relized yesterday that Catherine Zeta- Jones is actually twenty five yrs younger than Michael Douglas....only thing I can think of its ok, since its hollywood.

Age matters, if you are more concerned about what others think about you. If not, screw it and just be happy.

idk will have to ask the guys datin older women ! :P i just dont like gray .. always wana remain in colour :P

HaileyinHongKong wrote:
elimay wrote:

..  a man of say 25 is with a women of 65 !!! what does this lead to ?

Lots of sex without pregnancy.

hahaha

im older than my husband. it's not an issue for us in any way. you would never know. we dont care if others dont like it. we are happy and thats what is important.

Everything matter in a relationship. What is important is how you manage it and set your expectation right and whether you are able to withstand the pressure from the outside world. Ultimately, it depend very much on the strength of your relationship and the determintion of both parties.

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR