Is it acceptable for a woman to have younger partner than her?

Surely, age doesn't matter =)
But how come it seems to be more acceptable for a woman to have  a 10 years  older partner than her having a 10 years younger fella?
..is this just a classic example of stereotyping? that it is okay for a man to have a younger lover but not okay for a woman to have a younger beau...

I lost my childhood to a woman twice my age.

Yes! Why not? If a women can accept an elder partner, she can accept a younger one as well. As long as the partner is mature and you look at him with respect and you both are compatible.

mas fred wrote:

She was 84?

cool how did it go?

i have this friend who defiantly renounce that she will never go out to a man younger than her because she doesnt like the feeling of acting up as someone else m0m..and that she believes that it has something to do with maturity..apparently women matures faster than men so its better to have older one than younger...(guys this is just a discussion no harm meant)

HaileyinHongKong wrote:
mas fred wrote:

She was 84?

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg67/DumbDragon/Smileys/rofl-1_zps847a9ff1.gif

HaileyinHongKong wrote:
mas fred wrote:

She was 84?

She was 30 at the time and I was sweet, innocent (Not for want of trying, you understand) and half her age.
She ruined me and I loved it.

She was 30 at the time and I was sweet, innocent (Not for want of trying, you understand) and half her age.

ahha.. we got an explorer here buddy =)

For me, it's a yes. I think for other people it just happens to be a big deal because they're afraid of what other people would think.

As for me as long as we're both compatible and we both like or love each other then I wouldn't care. :)

Age difference does not matter which ever way.

My friend at 39 married a woman of 52 and they are still happily married.

My wife is 25 years younger than me.

mas fred wrote:

It's always someone's fault.

i happen to post this because to where I came from..especially in my region.  People are quite conservative..i supposed as I grew up..I thought that the kind of thinking such as women should not be involve with someone younger was the norm because that was what i have been thought when I was younger. Now that I have been living in the city and had moved here in London..i got to learn that not everything that your society dictates as norm may not necessarily be true or sensible.
..I was in the coffee room..then suddenly we came up to topic of  discrimination and  women as equal to men..then we touched this subject..My collegue of African background suported me that same as her..she strongly believed the same way..then d one of our male collegue from middle east stated that it is a form of stereotyping or sexist..that if we want as women to be equal with men then why can't it be acceptable for a woman to have one?..at the end i thought he is right ..=)

nothing wrong with it, islamically

Age dont matter as long you like the person. And dont envolve religion with tht issue otherwise you will be lost. So just admire a person regarding age. Enjoy life

when we are talking about love between a man and a far-older-than-him woman, age is not a matter at all, it's nothing. acceptable or not, it is depend on the result, the relationship giving constructive result or destructive result. that's all

Define acceptable.

really the matter is not in the age but in brain.

Yes of course. A woman can marry an underaged man to her if there is genuine love between them. Luv is really blind cos it doesn't know age, colour or status. Luv is luv

Why shouldn't it be acceptable? Gosh, nowadays we see all kinds of older men with younger wives/girlfriends; so why should we be surprised when we see an older woman who has a younger husband/boyfriend. Age really has nothing whatsoever to do with a relationship. If the partners are compatible, share common interests and really care about one another then who are we to judge? I know, because my wife is considerably younger than I am (37 years younger to be exact) she was an adult when we met and knew her own mind. There are always going to be those who think one or the other is taking advantage of the other partner and in some cases that may well be true; but that's because they don't know the first thing about the true relationship. They don't matter at all. What really matters is if the couple is happy and comfortable with the relationship. In my case both my wife and I are blissfully happy and we have a beautiful, happy and well-adjusted son who will be six years old next month.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

It's acceptable for me to do whatever I want to do.  What you do is your business.

For love and friendship; race, nationality, religion, and age has no significance because friendship is the mutual understanding while love is the chemistry between two hearts. So, I think there should be no issue if a younger man love or marry an older woman or an older age woman like to marry younger man then there is no problem.
As I said it is totally depends on the mutual understanding and level of understanding to each other. My aunt is 15 years older than me but I have a very good friendship with her, I like conversations and chat with her I always try to seek her company but she is already happily married to my uncle and she is having her kids family. If she would not be married then she and I would have no objection to marry each other as well.
In my opinion, if any woman really loves me whether she is 20 years older in age than me I will surely marry to her.[ moderated: please post in the Classifieds section > Personals]

this is up to u.

our Coice:)

charryC wrote:

But how come it seems to be more acceptable for a woman to have  a 10 years  older partner than her having a 10 years younger fella?
..is this just a classic example of stereotyping? that it is okay for a man to have a younger lover but not okay for a woman to have a younger beau...

Ester Charny wrote:

really the matter is not in the age but in brain.

I second that. And considering that men usually mature rather late, I would say it's a doomed scenario.

my husband is 22 yrs younger than i am...we love each other and are very happy together..i must admit at the beginning i struggled with what others would think, but i could not change my feelings toward him, so eventually we married..it is others that cause the problems..we get stared at laughed at and talked about...why can't people live and let live...it seems there is always someone out there ready to make others miserable...sad world we live in!

I should hope it is acceptable, because I am doing just that. :D
My husband is 22 and I am 36. We are very good together and his parents were the biggest ones against it at first, now my mother in law and I are good friends. Numbers...it's all just numbers. As long as someone is the age of majority, it is more than acceptable.

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Sure, why not?

charryC wrote:

Too many people are too concerned about what other people think about their lives.

Meet expats all over the world

OR