Get a visa for spouse in France

Hello I am French and I am married to an american woman.
She has a working visa that will expire in some months, and we start looking on how it works to make her to simply have a spouse visa instead of a working visa where she needs to be sponsored for that.

Is anybody have any kind of advice in this kind of process we are really interested on all the procedures and experiences!!

Thank you very much,
Paul

Hi Paul,

Are you living in France or outside of it? If you're outside of France, contact your nearest French consulate and explain the situation. Under the EEA2 ruling, your spouse has the right to live and work in the same country that you live and work in the EEA.

If you're already in France (it sounds like you are), then I think this OFII link is what you're looking for: http://www.ofii.fr/faire_venir_son_epou … sub_menu=4

Just make sure to apply as soon as possible. French bureaucracy (as you probably know) is mind-bogglingly slow at times. It helps if you're outside Paris, too :)

I'm an American living in France and married to a French woman and when we had to reapply for my visa to be here, we did so last November and I received "provisional" approval to remain ... so long as I didn't leave the country while they processed my visa. In theory, I get the visa next week, so a lead time of five or six months is possible if you're unlucky (we're in Paris, so we're unlucky).

Cheers,
Curtis

Thank you for your answer, I just saw that we live close to you (Ménilmontant). It would be a pleasure (for all four of us) to talk in person about the long process. Let me know what you think!

I send you my information by PM.
Thank you,
Paul

Hi there,
Im married to a Canadian and we hope to move to France before too long,anything you find out,pls pass on!! thanks and good luck:)