Obtaining permanent residence permit, I need your help folks!

Hi.
I am a South Korean citizen and I am seriously interested to obtain permanent residence permit here in Ukraine. All korean men must go to military service for almost 2 years and to be honest I have no idea why I must do it. You know there is problem with north korea at this point and I wont risk myself for my country when they have done nothing to me.
If I have foreign citizenship or residence permit, there is a way to avoid the service.
Basically I have nothing, I am not married to Ukrainian or anything. I just came here in Kiev for travel and got to know that obtaining the permit is not as hard as other countries ans cost would be around 1500 usd only.
Please help me how I must start because I read some topics and had research about this matter but its very confusing. If anyone willing to help poor korean kid about to be called up, I will be really grateful. Thank you! :)

I just cannot condone your attitude. It is called serving your country. You grew up in South Korea and you enjoyed the benefits of a fruitful life, now when your country calls you, you want to abandon them. I hope no one takes you and you be a man and serve your country. If you are that much of a coward, commit a crime and go to jail ... at least you won't have to go in the army.

I am a US Citizen and an Expat living in Ukraine and married to a Ukrainian woman. Most of us who live here follow the laws, rules, and regulations. People like you always jeopardize things for us. In all honesty, I can't imagine why this country would take the likes of you.

I am a former US Marine. I served my country and was decorated in combat. Here's the kicker. I am a liberal and did not approve of my war. However, as a loyal citizen, it was my duty to serve.

All Ican say is get a grip and grow up!

I did not grow up in my country and they have done nothing to me. And it is my decision and U just have no idea about my personal situation.plus I hate the way u are talking. (moderated: offensive post)

I have to agree with spdmon. I was in Ukraine for 70 days and Love the country and people. I sure dont like the Idea of someone with your hostile attitude giving foreigners a bad name. I think you should stay in south Korea and do the 2 years military service first. It will be good for you. Then figure out what you want to do.  Hey spdmon, what stores in Calif have your Vodka? Thanks!

Hi ... Since I do not not know in what state you , live, I will give you national chains. Total Wine and Bev Mo ... . I also write a weekly column for an Internet magazine. I cover various wines, vodka, brandy, etc. If you are interested send me your email address and I'll send you the link ... Gaumarjos! (Cheers in the Georgian language)

PS ... Italian wine is my speciality, but Georgian wine is my passion ...

I saw you mention that you imported Ukrainian vodka into california and I'm in Calif at the moment.

I see you are from Lake Coeur d'Alene. I vacationed there one year, it is a beautiful lake. If you are in Los Angeles or San Francisco, try K & L. LA also has Mission Wine and Spirits. If in Orange County, try Hi-Time. I sell to the distributors. I know the distributors in turn sell sell to many smaller establishments and restaurants. I have only referred you to a few larger retailers ... Gaumarjos!

Hi,
this discussion is closed for analysis. If you have any questions/requests please contact us.

Thank you.

Closed