Cost of living in Oman

Hello
I am Sharad. My wife and I have been offered jobs in Muscat for a publication House. We both belong to the same field and would be working for different publications, published by the same group.

Collectively, we both have been offered 1950 OMR per month collectively. For initially three months, accommodation will be provided by the company.We would also get car rent (which includes in the package).The salaries include everything, home allowance, car rent, phone bills, electricity and allowances.
OUr life style is very simple. Both prefer food at home and not much shopaholic, once in a while go for movies. On the completion of th first year, we would 15-day basic salary as gratuity and that would be 450OMR. The Visa and air tickets costs will be taken care by the company.
1) How much money would we save (we will live in the same house and prefer 1BHK fully furnish)
2) what is a simple car rent per month?
3) what are charge for obtaining driving license?
4) what about the cable connection? I head Tata Sky, which is I am using in India, can be used there?
5) How much electricity and water bills, and grossery bills would be for a couple?
Please let me know your thoughts at the earliest as I have to take my decision within three days.

thanks 7 regards
Sharad

Congrates for good job.  for information, please go through the old threads and you will get all the info there.

Welcome to Expat.com Sharad!

For better visibility, your thread has been moved to Oman forum.;)

Harmonie